Early Childhood Float Substitute Crawford, Gr
Company: Wisconsin Early Childdhod
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionWisconsin Early Childhood Association is a
statewide, nonprofit association serving as a professional
association whose members care for and educate Wisconsin's
children, aged birth to eight. We are affiliated with the National
Association for the Education of Young Children.Wisconsin Early
Childhood Association works to build a foundation for a lifetime of
learning for Wisconsin's young children by promoting excellence in
early education programs, supporting professionalism in the early
childhood workforce, and calling for greater investment in quality
early child care. WECA's mission is to meet the professional needs
of adults who nurture and teach Wisconsin's young children through
a rich continuum of services.The Wisconsin Early Education Shared
Services Network (WEESSN) brings together family and center-based
early care and education programs to poll resources and leverage
economies of scale. A WEESSN Early Childhood Float Substitute is
responsible for managing the day-to-day operational activities of
the classroom or family childcare setting they are supporting.
Educators must have a good understanding of children's cognitive,
social, emotional, and physical development to ensure a safe and
stimulating learning environment where children are actively
engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Relief Squad Educator must
be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order
to meet the needs of the children, work as a team with other
educators and assistants and communicate with parents as needed.
This position is responsible for the coverage of Crawford, Grant &
Richland counties. Multi-lingual candidates are encouraged to
apply. This position is hybrid with working from your home office
and going into childcare facilities. By joining our amazing team,
you help WECA carry out its important mission and in return, here
is what we will do for you.Benefits:
- 10 days of vacation
- 12 Sick days
- 13 paid Holidays
- Life insurance, Short term & Long term Disability-all company
- Medical Insurance with HRA- company pays 75% of your medical
deductible & prescriptions
- Dental Insurance- company paid
- Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending/Dependent Care Account
- 401K- Company matches up to 3%
- Relief Squad educators will have free access to all
professional development opportunities sponsored by WEESSN. All
costs associated with health reports, background checks and
Registry membership will be covered by WEESSN.
- Mileage is reimbursed for required travel.
- WECA is closed the week between Christmas & New Years and the
time off is all paid as holiday. Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep the WECA calendar current with times/days of
- Respond quickly via phone, text or email to WEESSN care
- Work with the Relief Squad Coordinator to ensure your licensing
requirements are met.
- Accurately track mileage for proper reimbursement.
- Accurately track hours worked for proper reimbursement.
- Arrive five minutes early for all jobs.
- Dress according to the host program's guidelines.
- Keep notes on program policies and preferences.
- At all times, uphold professionalism, confidentiality and
respect for the enrolled programs. WECA Community
Responsibilities:Both inside and outside the workplace, staff are
expected to foster a positive team environment through:
- Respectful and professional communication and behavior;
- Full and active participation within work teams; and
- Openness to strengthening and expanding work skills through
continuous professional development. Education & Required Skills
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Education Credential with
3-5 years of experience
- Certificate from the Registry stating that you are qualified as
an early childhood teacher (WEESSN can help you obtain this if you
do not already have it).
- Minimum of two years of professional early childcare
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff,
children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Ability to work in several early childhood settings and adjust
to the requirements in each.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal
- Infant/child CPR and first aid certification (WEESSN can help
you obtain this if you do not already have it).
- Travel and reliable transportation are required.
- Ideal candidate will have both family and group childcare
experience. Wisconsin Early Childhood Association (WECA) does not
discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, religion,
color, handicap, sex, physical condition, development disability,
sexual orientation or national origin.
Keywords: Wisconsin Early Childdhod, Madison , Early Childhood Float Substitute Crawford, Gr, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!