Senior Java Developer - Enterprise Payment Team (Open To Remote Worker)
Company: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.
Location: Mc Farland
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we re committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers dreams in
ways never imagined.American Family Insurance is driven by our
customers and employees. That s why we provide more than just a job
we provide opportunity. Whether you re already part of our team in
search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what
s next, you re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that
starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our
team. Bring your dreams.Job ID: R28859 Senior Java Developer -
Enterprise Payment Team (Open To Remote Worker) (Open)Compensation
may vary based on the job level and your geographic work
location.Compensation Minimum:$68,200 AnnualCompensation
Maximum:$144,500 AnnualSummary:The Application Development
Engineering Specialist collaborates with others in the division to
provide and maintain applications to meet business needs.
Responsible for software design and development for complex and/or
large-scale business solutions, providing technical guidance and
leadership for specific applications. The specialist may perform
various roles in the development of applications in any phase of
the systems development life cycle. Takes a lead role on projects
providing guidance and technical leadership to project resources
for a specific application(s). Provides technical guidance and
leadership to less experienced technologists. Analyzes system
problems and recommends alternatives for resolution. Recommends
opportunities to improve system effectiveness and efficiency. Works
in a mainframe, client/server, business intelligence, and/or web
environment for internally built applications or vendor packaged
Job Description:Primary AccountabilitiesApplication Development
- Provides expertise during the initial phases of the project
including estimating resources, skill requirements, time
requirements, identifying tools and technologies, participating in
proof of concepts, etc.
- Analyzes high level system specifications, business
requirements and/or use cases. Converts information into the
appropriate level specifications and system design plan for the
development team. Designs and develops complex software solutions
in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls.
Identifies and provides solution alternatives for the defined
functional and system requirements when needed.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands
functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes
to supporting applications. Follows through with options and
- Consults with others to validate complex design decisions.
Provides advanced coding expertise to mitigate high risk features
or technical challenges.
- Provides appropriate documentation for design decisions,
estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as
required by organization standards.
- Defines, conducts, mentors others, and/or participates in
testing (i.e. unit, system integration). Prepares, leads and/or
participates in development walkthroughs.
- Collaborates with others regarding effectiveness of systems
flow, data usage and manual or automated processes to verify
- Ensures software development meets standards for programming,
design, performance, and security. Identifies and recommends areas
for improvement in planning, design, development, and
testing.Technical Leadership (35%)
- Drives initiatives to adopt new processes and standards.
- Uses comprehensive application knowledge and or technical
knowledge to provide guidance and technical leadership to project
resources or maintenance resources. Maintains an awareness of other
projects and their possible effect on ongoing projects.
- Assists and holds others accountable for their commitments.
Takes accountability for team deliverables and overall team
success; manages own tasks.
- Recognizes and escalates quality, deadline, or deliverable
issues within own work environment to team leads and/or
- Ensures effective integration and communication between
multiple development teams with interdependencies.
- Leads and/or participates in systems analysis, general systems
design, specification development for vendor contracts, and
detailed systems design as needed based on expertise.
- Provides technical leadership in the ongoing adoption and
development of software engineering procedures, standards and
- Makes recommendations and presentations to senior management
regarding technical issues, technical investments, and strategic
directions.Maintenance & Support (25%)
- Provides input for contingency and disaster recovery
- Repairs, modifies, and develops additional functionality.
- Follows and supports change management practices and internal
controls standards. Communicates changes and impact to those
affected. Assists less experienced technologists in all areas of
maintenance and communication.
- Provides vendor system support.
- Shares knowledge and information with others to resolve
problems and build team knowledge.
- Identifies enhancements to meet changing data requirements,
usability, interfaces and future maintainability of software.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of service desk
diagnostics and job aids for area of responsibility. Updates and/or
reviews with those affected.
- Performs and/or partners with I/S colleagues to conduct
performance tuning to ensure applications meet service level
agreements.Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and understanding complex
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical
- Demonstrated experience developing different solution-delivery
and design approaches and solutions to customers.
- Demonstrated experience developing complex software/systems
using one or more programming language.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and estimating project size
and work efforts for software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical guidance and
leadership to less experienced staff.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of software development
and design standards and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of infrastructure
technologies, operating systems, and the interconnectivity between
infrastructure platforms and software tools.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of systems development
life cycle (SDLC).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of application architecture
and design alternatives.
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of integration and migration
strategies and technologies.Additional Job Information:Prior
experience working on Payment or Financial Systems desired. AWS
cloud experience desired. The team primarily develops in Java so
experience with Java is desired, but we are open to experience with
similar languages.Based on candidate qualifications, we are open to
hiring at other levels in the job family.
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the
results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions
- We are open to remote candidates#LI-Remote#remotejob
#workfromhome #LI-BPWhen you work at American Family you can expect
benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial
wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental,
vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your
health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension
plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families. Interns
and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family
Enterprise benefits.We also consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and
local law.Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise !#LI-BP1 Associated
topics: architect, backend, back end, c/c++, develop, lead, matlab,
programming, project architect, software architect
Keywords: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S., Madison , Senior Java Developer - Enterprise Payment Team (Open To Remote Worker), Other , Mc Farland, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!