Guidewire PolicyCenter Technical Specialist/Architect/Lead - Open to Remote
Company: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we re committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers dreams in
ways never imagined.American Family Insurance is driven by our
customers and employees. That s why we provide more than just a job
we provide opportunity. Whether you re already part of our team in
search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what
s next, you re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that
starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our
team. Bring your dreams.Job ID: R29190 Guidewire PolicyCenter
Technical Specialist/Architect/Lead - Open to Remote
(Open)Compensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location.Compensation Minimum:$103,500
AnnualCompensation Maximum:$165,700 AnnualSummary:The Guidewire
PolicyCenter Technical Specialist leads and drives the cross
functional development team in creation of new software
products/features or maintenance efforts, and coordinates efforts
across multiple development teams. The specialist will focus on
Guidewire PolicyCenter but will cross train on other related
technologies that the team leverages. The specialist will provide
technical guidance and leadership to the project team in
collaboration with Delivery Managers, Project Managers, Application
Domain Architects and other Technical Specialists. The Technical
Specialist is responsible for software design and development for
complex and/or large-scale business solutions, providing technical
guidance and leadership for specific applications. The specialist
may perform various roles in the development of applications in any
phase of the systems development life cycle. Provides in-depth
technical mentoring, provides estimates, and assists team members
in resolving technical problems, and assists in the project
planning and task identifications. Performs complex system analysis
and trouble shooting of problems and recommends solutions. The
Technical Specialist recommends opportunities to improve system
stability, effectiveness and efficiency. Works in a mobile,
client/server, business intelligence, and/or web environment for
internally built applications or vendor packaged applications.
Job Description:Primary AccountabilitiesTechnical Leadership
- Drives initiatives to adopt new processes and adheres to
- Uses comprehensive application knowledge and or technical
knowledge to provide guidance and technical leadership to project
resources or maintenance resources. Maintains an awareness of other
projects and their possible effect on ongoing projects.
- Assists and holds others accountable for their commitments.
Takes accountability for team deliverables and overall team
success; manages own tasks.
- Recognizes and escalates quality, deadline, or deliverable
issues within own work environment to team leads and/or
- Ensures effective integration and communication between
multiple development teams with interdependencies.
- Leads and/or participates in systems analysis, general systems
design, specification development for vendor contracts, and
detailed systems design as needed based on expertise.
- Provides technical leadership in the ongoing adoption and
development of software engineering procedures, standards and
- Makes recommendations and presentations to senior management
regarding technical issues, technical investments, and strategic
directions.Application Development (30%)
- Provides expertise during the initial phases of the project
including estimating resources, skill requirements, time
requirements, identifying tools and technologies, participating in
proof of concepts, etc.
- Analyzes high level system specifications, business
requirements and/or use cases. Converts information into the
appropriate level specifications and system design plan for the
development team. Designs and develops complex software solutions
in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls.
Identifies and provides solution alternatives for the defined
functional and system requirements when needed.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands
functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes
to supporting applications. Follows through with options and
- Consults with others to validate complex design decisions.
Provides advanced coding expertise to mitigate high risk features
or technical challenges.
- Provides appropriate documentation for design decisions,
estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as
required by organization standards.
- Defines, conducts, mentors others, and/or participates in
testing (i.e. unit, system integration). Prepares, leads and/or
participates in development walkthroughs.
- Collaborates with others regarding effectiveness of systems
flow, data usage and manual or automated processes to verify
- Ensures software development meets standards for programming,
design, performance, and security. Identifies and recommends areas
for improvement in planning, design, development, and testing.
- Creates, maintains, and/or enhances system documentation as
needed.Maintenance & Support (15%)
- Provides input for contingency and disaster recovery
- Repairs, modifies, and develops additional functionality.
- Follows and supports change management practices and internal
controls standards. Communicates changes and impact to those
affected. Assists less experienced technologists in all areas of
maintenance and communication.
- Provides vendor system support.
- Shares knowledge and information with others to resolve
problems and build team knowledge.
- Identifies enhancements to meet changing data requirements,
usability, interfaces and future maintainability of software.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of service desk
diagnostics and job aids for area of responsibility. Updates and/or
reviews with those affected.
- Performs and/or partners with I.S. colleagues to conduct
performance tuning to ensure applications meet service level
agreements.Solution Development Leadership (15%)
- Supports the development and implementation of the modeled
- Champions and enables software development processes and code
- Develops prototypes, frameworks/shells or specialized utilities
for the development team.
- Provides technical guidance/mentoring to development
team.Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and understanding complex
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical
- Demonstrated experience developing different solution-delivery
and design approaches and solutions to customers.
- Demonstrated experience developing complex software/systems
using one or more programming language.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and estimating project size
and work efforts for software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical guidance and
leadership to less experienced staff.
- Demonstrated experience translating business requirements into
architectural deliverables and technical specifications.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of software development
and design standards and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of infrastructure
technologies, operating systems, and the interconnectivity between
infrastructure platforms and software tools.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of application
architecture and design alternatives.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of systems development
life cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive Knowledge and understanding of integration and
migration strategies and technologies.Additional Job Information:We
are open to remote employees in the United States.Offer to selected
candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable
background checks.Offer to selected candidate is contingent on
signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information,
trade secrets, and inventions.#LI-RemoteWhen you work at American
Family you can expect benefits that support your physical,
emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to
comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that
enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive
401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a
paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment
program and paid-family leave are available to support our
employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are
not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.We also
consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent
with applicable federal, state and local law.Stay connected: Join
Our Enterprise !#LI-DB1 Associated topics: .net, application
developer, architect, back end, design, devops, java, php, project
architect, software architect
Keywords: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S., Madison , Guidewire PolicyCenter Technical Specialist/Architect/Lead - Open to Remote, Other , Oregon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!