Company: City of Sun Prairie
Location: Sun Prairie
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Join the Sun Prairie Police Department, where we -build
relationships and solve problems through our Core Values of:
Exceptional Service & Problem Solving (Competence), Professionalism
(Character), and Employee Fulfillment (Leadership).
No residency or college experience required upon hire!
Essential Job Functions:
* Patrols all assigned areas for the prevention of crime and the
enforcement of State Statutes and City Ordinances. - Responds to
requests for service in both emergency and non-emergency situations
and takes appropriate action.
* Responds to ambulance calls, provides first responder emergency
service until the City's Emergency Medical Technicians arrive.
* Takes action to prevent criminal acts by checking residential,
commercial and industrial structures and investigates suspicions
conditions, activities or persons.
* Responds to the scene of traffic accidents and investigates the
accident. - Determines if any traffic laws have been violated and
writes a detailed report identifying the circumstances involved in
* Directs and controls traffic and enforces the established traffic
* Provides enforcement of the criminal law: identifies and arrests
violators. - Upon arrest, the Police Officer books the violator on
charges and prepares a variety of Police reports to be used in the
* Testifies in court.
* Conducts the initial crime investigation at the scene of criminal
activity. - Secures the scene, identifies and collects evidence and
* May be assigned other duties, as needed, for certain periods of
time. - May be assigned to field training of new officers, provide
animal control services, answers the telephone, dispatches
information and provides information to the public on all emergency
and non-emergency Police issues.
* Routinely utilize in-car computers, as well as desk-top
computers, running a variety of software applications.
* Insures that all police equipment and police vehicles are
* Prepares various written reports/forms and dictates reports for
* May provide information and/or references to other law
enforcement agencies when required.
* Must possess a valid driver's license with good driving
* Ability to learn modern Police methods and techniques, preserving
evidence and what constitutes admissible evidence.
* Good knowledge of the streets and locations within the City and
good knowledge of laws and ordinances is preferred.
* Considerable skill in the use and care of firearms.
* Good skill in observing situations analytically and objectively
and recording them clearly and completely.
* Considerable skill in reacting quickly and calmly during
emergencies; skill in communicating clearly and concisely both
orally and in writing; working skill in executing duties firmly,
tactfully, courteously, and impartially; considerable skill in
exercising good judgment in evaluating situations and making
* Must have the ability to safely lift 100 pounds from ground to
waist level (the weight of one end of an average
* Must have the strength and dexterity to be able to safely and
effectively operate a firearm
* Must possess the physical ability and strength necessary to
perform the job safely and effectively and must complete general
strength and flexibility testing.
Start: $31.91/hr. Sun Prairie has a lateral entry program where
experienced officers may be eligible for higher starting pay (up to
$38.04/hour) and accelerated vacation. The applicant testing
process includes an online written exam and remote oral interviews
to create an eligibility list. -Must be at least 21 years of age;
possess valid DL; and successfully complete a background check. The
Deadline to apply is July 1, 2022.
The City of Sun Prairie is committed to advancing equity, honoring
our diverse identity, and creating an inclusive culture.
Keywords: City of Sun Prairie, Madison , Police Officer, Other , Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!