Auto Bodily Injury Claims Examiner
Location: Sun Prairie
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option.
Auto Bodily Injury Claims Examiner
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HEREFor a career path that is
both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of
27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider
of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business
solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we
do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each
year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event
or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace
injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural
or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of
accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or
another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate
care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented
colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets-their
employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring
counts -. Join our team of creative and caring people of all
backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of
PRIMARY PURPOSE: - To analyze and process complex auto and
commercial transportation claims by reviewing coverage, completing
investigations, determining liability and evaluating the scope of
damages.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes complex auto commercial and personal line claims,
including bodily injury and ensures claim files are properly
documented and coded correctly.
- Responsible for litigation process on litigated claims.
- Coordinates vendor management, including the use of independent
adjusters to assist the investigation of claims.
- Reports large claims to excess carrier(s).
- Develops and maintains action plans to ensure state required
contact deadlines are met and to move the file towards prompt and
- Identifies and pursues subrogation and risk transfer
opportunities; secures and disposes of salvage.
- Communicates claim action/processing with insured, client, and
agent or broker when appropriate.ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.QUALIFICATIONSEducation &
LicensingBachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
preferred. Professional certification as applicable to line of
business preferred. Secure and maintain the State adjusting
licenses as required for the position.ExperiencePrior commercial or
trucking experience required.Skills & Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of personal and commercial line auto
policies, coverage's, principles, and laws
- Knowledge of medical terminology for claim evaluation and
- Knowledge of appropriate application for deductibles,
sub-limits, SIR's, carrier and large deductible programs.
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Service ExpectationsWORK
ENVIRONMENTWhen applicable and appropriate, consideration will be
given to reasonable accommodations. -Mental: - Clear and conceptual
thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem
solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related
stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and
ability to meet deadlinesPhysical: - Computer keyboarding, travel
as requiredAuditory/Visual: - Hearing, vision and talkingNOTE: -
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check,
is required for this position.The statements contained in this
document are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. -
They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of
functions, duties, or local variances. - Management retains the
discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any
time.at any time.
Sedgwick -is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free
Keywords: Sedgwick, Madison , Auto Bodily Injury Claims Examiner, Other , Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!