Posted on: May 16, 2022
Operator TraineeSheridan. Be part of something greater. Your
career awaits---join us!LOCATION: Madison, WI As one of the leading
print and publishing service providers in the nation, Sheridan
prints everything from best-selling books to textbooks, prestigious
medical and scientific journals to bibles, popular magazines and
catalogs, and so much more. We also create digital content and
offer an array of solutions that simplify customers' workflows.Job
Summary:The Operator Trainee performs a variety of physical tasks,
some involving repetitive work and light machine operations. You
will be completing jobs like sorting, lifting, placing, gathering,
collating, inserting, stacking and packing printed materials which
when assembled will produce finished books, periodicals, etc. ready
- Be able to set up and run machines according to the job
specifications. While also being able to follow all safety,
quality, productivity, and other processes.
- Supervise crews for safety, quality control, productivity and
other production related activities as assigned by the shift
- Perform preventative maintenance measures as assigned.
- Perform General Worker duties when not assigned to set-up or
- Other duties as assigned.
- Safety - Complies with OSHA regulations and company safety
policies. Monitors for safety hazards and reports any
safety-related concerns.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervises productivity, safety, and quality of work of crew
while working on a piece of equipment.Basic Qualifications:
- Must be able to understand and follow basic verbal and written
- Proven mechanical ability with ability to do basic math.
- Ability to troubleshoot when a piece of equipment is not
- Ability to lift 20-40 pounds and stand for 8+hour shifts.
- Ability to work weekends as required.
- Must work cooperatively with others and have solid
- -Some factory experience operating machines is preferred.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required. Why work
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP programCJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.If you need assistance or a reasonable
accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location
HR Manager at 608-244-3561 or .
Keywords: Sheridan, Madison , Operator Trainee, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!