Silicon Alliances Business Development Lead
Company: Canonical Group Ltd
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Canonical is the company behind the popular Ubuntu operating
system with a view to being the best open-source company in the
world. Our mission is to accelerate innovation by making free and
open-source tools accessible to developers and enterprises from the
cloud to IoT, from Silicon Valley to the farthest corner of the
world. - Canonical is committed to hiring and growing careers of
promising, passionate individuals across the globe. The team The
Silicon Alliances Team works with the leading semiconductor
companies to combine open source adoption with innovative
customizations to get the most from each new chip. With our
semiconductor partners, we develop joint product roadmaps, drive
delivery, formulate go-to-market plans and conceptualize new
business models, enabling differentiated hardware and robust
product life-cycle support while still anchored on best-in-class
Ubuntu. The end goal is a frictionless experience to deploy,
maintain, and develop on any hardware from cloud to edge. - This
role - The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about
both technology and business development with a unique blend of
wide ranging skills. If you are someone who can effortlessly switch
your analytical and strategic thinking hats, to find creative
solutions and can be comfortable doing technical deep dives with
engineering, this challenging role is for you. Reporting to the VP
of Silicon Alliances, the role has high executive visibility both
inside and outside the company. You will manage and grow our
relationships with one or more silicon partners and be the primary
contact for all stakeholders on both sides. As part of this role,
you will be called upon to drive top initiatives spanning company
boundaries. You will work cross-functionally with engineering,
product, marketing and sales teams to facilitate new business,
leading definition of joint products, solutions and complex
programs relying heavily on your communicating and influencing
skills. You will ensure that robust project plans are created,
tracked, and executed. You will develop a deep understanding of
partner strategies, technologies and roadmaps and identify overlap
with Canonical's current and future products. Responsibilities:
- Develop understanding of Canonical product portfolio.
- Establish, maintain and grow technical and executive
relationships at partner companies.
- Champion Canonical products at the partner and vice-versa.
- Work with other stakeholders to increase awareness of
Canonical's portfolio in the ecosystem.
- Develop account plans with a view to increase Canonical's
direct and indirect business.
- Ensure mid to long-term strategic alignment with one or more
- Engage and influence Canonical product and engineering to
refine plans and ensure delivery.
- Manage market messaging, collateral and launch plans across
- Negotiate successful contracts. Basic Qualifications
- B.A / B.S / B.E degree in science, technology and/or
- Fundamental understanding of the semiconductor industry and
- Experience in business development, technology strategy or
- Engineering or program management experience.
- Ability to grasp complex material and synthesize key
- Disciplined and self motivated for a remote-first workplace
environment. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in software and system architecture
- MBA or graduate degree in science, technology and/or
- Experience in consulting, account management, customer facing
roles or similar functions.
- Proven consultative selling ability
- Expert negotiator with strong influencing and persuasion
- Ability to think and work at both strategic and tactical
- Understanding of cloud, datacenter, IoT/edge and PC
- Understanding Canonical's strategy and competitive
- Open source / Linux experience is a nice to have
- Demonstrated exceptional collaboration and relationship
- Track record of organizational leadership We are proud to
foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of
experience, perspectives, and background create a better work
environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will
give your application fair consideration.
Keywords: Canonical Group Ltd, Madison , Silicon Alliances Business Development Lead, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!