Technical/Software Support Engineer (open to remote)
Company: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we re committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers dreams in
ways never imagined.American Family Insurance is driven by our
customers and employees. That s why we provide more than just a job
we provide opportunity. Whether you re already part of our team in
search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what
s next, you re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that
starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our
team. Bring your dreams.Job ID: R24278 Technical/Software Support
Engineer (open to remote) (Open)Compensation may vary based on the
job level and your geographic work location.Compensation
Minimum:$88,400Compensation Maximum:$141,600Summary:Drives IT
engineering solutions, framework, roadmap, program optimization and
process engineering in a high-velocity culture by introducing
technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps and systems design.
Analyzes competitive strategies, infrastructure technologies,
metrics models, and performance indicators. Contributes to robust
and innovative strategic solutions and builds resilient support for
next-generation systems to solve business challenges.
Job Description:Job Level Summary
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job
discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Solves complex problems.
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or
may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.Primary
- Develop, enhance and maintain tools, systems and software
- Develop, integrate, and test systems, solutions, or
- Performs incident triage, including determining scope, urgency,
and potential impact. Makes recommendations that enable expeditious
- Provide technical expertise for Enterprise tools; works closely
with customers to provide tool support and problem resolution
- Conducts technology evaluations and re-engineering activities
to support strategy definition and continuous improvement
- Collaborates with stakeholders to drive direction and adoption
of tool strategies and solutions across the Enterprise
- Partners with multiple areas across the Enterprise to implement
tools, tool integrations, patterns and architecture standards
- Build strong relationships with Peers across functions through
collaborative engineering operations and initiatives.
- Design and implement automated solutions to enable development
- Drives automation, increasing self-service and reducing manual
upgrades and software maintenance
- Designs and develops system/solution measures to ensure
solutions are fully integrated.
- Integrates tooling providing seamless solution for users
- Leads, analyzes and responds to the changing system/solution of
the company and our clients with agility and flexibility.
- Analyzes gaps and recommends mitigating
- Defines and implements metrics for enterprise tooling
- Leads, analyzes and defines opportunities to consolidate
tooling across the enterpriseWorking Conditions
- Ability to participate in 24x7 off hour/on call on a rotating
basis.Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software development
lifecycle, development languages, and scripting languages
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of software development
tools; usage, capabilities, and support
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience implementing, automating and supporting
applications or tools.
- Demonstrated experience using Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience using, implementing and supporting Log
Analytics tools (e.g. ElasticSearch Elk)
- Demonstrated experience using IaC tooling (e.g. Terraform)
- Understanding of Atlassian tooling (e.g. JIRA and Confluence) a
- Ability to work remotelyEducation
- Must have an IT Computer Science degree or 5+ years' experience
in ITAdditional Job Information:
- Depending on qualifications, candidates may be considered at
- We are open to candidates working remotely anywhere in the
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the
results of applicable background checks.
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions.
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing
employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations.
Sponsorship will not be considered for this position.
#LI-RemoteWhen you work at American Family you can expect benefits
that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You
will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and
wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We
also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an
annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our
student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available
to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent
workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.We
also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Stay
connected: Join Our Enterprise !LI:DB1 Associated topics: .net,
algorithm, application, back end, c++, c#, develop, developer,
java, software development engineer
Keywords: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S., Madison , Technical/Software Support Engineer (open to remote), Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!