Company: Didion Inc
Posted on: November 23, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Miller is a hands-on role that is critical
in ensuring the highest levels of safety, quality, customer
satisfaction and operational efficiency in the production of
grain-based food products. Millers are cross-trained in multiple
tasks that includes process and production operations to increase
contributions to the organization, enhance production flexibility
and readiness, as well as supporting innovation initiatives, while
also providing job enrichment and growth opportunities to
incumbents. This role will serve as a key function to ensure the
mill equipment performs to maximum efficiency while meeting all
customer specifications in the products. Employees entering into
the Miller role are expected to actively and purposefully grow
their skill set to potentially grow within their role and the
company. Positions work a 12 hour shift on a rotation.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved
- Development and ownership of all aspects the Mill Safety
Culture. Safety Maturity is advanced through constant development
of safe behaviors, procedures and systems.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures, GMP?s, performs
risk assessments prior to commencing an unfamiliar task, seek to
identify and implement proactive safety improvements, and use PPE
when required such as: chemical handling, hearing protection,
lock-out tag-out, harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.
- Ensure compliance to highest level of food safety not limited
to filling in the appropriate documentation like return to service
- Absolute adherence to safety procedures with use, inspection,
and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test
equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment
and man lifts. The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are
achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership.
People in this key role:
- Committed and unfailing production support for Didion milling
operation and team working to achieve operational excellence;
Miller work is integral to executing the production schedule to
produce a high quality product on time to our customers?
specifications and expectations.
- Proactively monitor the milling equipment operator interface
and DCS system to anticipate needs and troubleshoot equipment for
- Maximize the efficiency of the mill including the extrusion and
fine grinding processes by focusing on equipment, adjustments, and
delivering consistent results through in process lab testing.
- Proactive on consistent walk-throughs of the operations and
mill process, documenting KPI?s, and executing process adjustments
to deliver consistent product at optimum efficiency.
- Responsible for in process sampling and testing to ensure
quality product is being delivered; partner with quality lab as
needed for testing.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in sustaining a food safety
compliant environment, supporting high levels of area/equipment
- A proactive commitment to growing and expanding skill set
through training and education to potentially grow within their
role and the company.
- Personally committed to add value to the organization, the
department, and the team by performing all tasks required to
support the Production group in the efficient operation of the
plant. Job Requirements:REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success
include: To qualify for this position, an individual must possess
any combination of experience and education that would likely
produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience. Technical
school certificate or degree in related field a plus, but not
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, in
particular a food safe environment such as milling, baking, or
- Mechanically incline and/or previous experience in a role
providing mechanical aptitude.
- General computer competency required for use with HMI
interface, work request for maintenance, receipt selection, and
- Ability to work autonomously using critical thinking, problem
solving, and troubleshooting skills to complete assigned tasks
safely without supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize, make decisions,
and troubleshoot multiple equipment and processes that requires
attention to detail.
- Demonstrate personal initiative, desire, and willingness to
learn new tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ownership of job function and area equipment.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and collaborative, team player
- Ability to proactively drive continuous improvement project
creation and execution.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to
communicate effectively with team members within and external to
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in a passion for
excellence while being humbly confident and displaying a can do
attitude knowing that good isn?t good enough. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include
noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and
gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on
a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20?) including
ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety
procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way
- Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight
Keywords: Didion Inc, Madison , Miller, Other , Cambria, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!