Company: The Employer Group
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Come join a growing team at WEA Member Benefits!WEA Member
Benefits was created by Wisconsin educators for Wisconsin
educators. We are dedicated to our members and have a passion for
---A+ Performance---. Our work environment and culture have won
multiple Best Places To Work competitions (Madison Magazine
2017/2018/2019) and a recent Top Workplaces contest in 2021
(Wisconsin State Journal). Check out our website--to learn more
about us!We have an exciting new opportunity to support or
leadership team as an Executive Assistant.The Executive Assistant
is responsible for ensuring the provision of superior confidential
administrative support to the General Counsel and Chief Financial
Officer and their respective departments of responsibility;
ensuring operational goals and objectives of these areas are met in
an accurate, timely, and effective manner; assisting executive and
management staffs with confidential work; and assisting with
assigned projects with emphasis on efficiency and continuous
improvement. In addition, the Executive Assistant has
responsibility over records retention, contracting, human
resources, insurance, and other significant business
operations.Accuracy, timeliness, confidentiality, dependability,
and the ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment are
expected and must be routinely delivered without significant
ongoing supervision or technical support.Accountabilities45%
Support general counsel and chief financial officer.
- Assist in preparing the business plan, financial reports and
budgets, preparing executive materials and reports, and
coordinating documents going to the Board.
- Lead internal staff and/or external contacts in scheduling and
coordinating meeting logistics; compile and distribute meeting
agendas; prepare meeting materials; attend meetings to take notes;
prepare and distribute minutes; and follow up on action items to
assist the chairperson in meeting objectives.
- Proofread and edit correspondence, reports, or other documents
using correct layout, grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and
- Exercise discretion in managing executives--- calendars and
- Coordinate travel arrangements and seminar registrations,
including using independent judgment to make contextually
appropriate and cost-effective decisions.
- Assign proper expense codes and initiate approval process of
assigned company expenditures according to established procedures
by utilizing the Company---s credit card management system and
accounts payable workflow system.
- Handle assigned confidential work and maintain the highest
degree of confidentiality.
- Provide assistance with other duties as requested to ensure
adequate support of General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer
operational needs.50% Oversee business operations as delegated by
- Coordinate the purchase and renewal of enterprise-wide
insurance policies with outside agencies; act as first point of
contact for claims management and settlement; and exercise
discretion to escalate matters as appropriate to General Counsel
and/or Business Services Manager.
- Manage enterprise-wide contracting process and procedure;
develop and maintain contracting procedures; use independent
judgment to research, select, and manage contracting and
e-sign/notarization software and vendor relationships; develop and
manage contract smart forms; record, review, research, and maintain
corporate contracts ensuring legal requirements are met,
information is complete and accurate, and the contract complies
with Member Benefits--- contract processes and policies; monitor
contract review deadlines and changes; coordinate and deliver
training to contract managers; and exercise discretion to escalate
matters as appropriate to General Counsel.
- Manage delivery of human resource services in partnership with
outside vendor, including onboarding and offboarding employees,
updating and maintaining policies and procedures, implementing
employee engagement action plans, addressing confidential human
resources matters, and exercising discretion to escalate matters as
appropriate to General Counsel.
- Develop, implement, and enforce the enterprise-wide records
retention and privacy/security policies and procedures in
conjunction with privacy/security team; coordinate timely response
to data incidents, including breaches; and exercise discretion to
escalate matters as appropriate to General Couse and/or Business
- Serve as liaison to Accounting Department, Business Services
Department, and Office of the President for interdepartmental
administrative issues, including distribution of financial,
investment, and budget information to executive and management
staffs, updating and posting of the monthly company dashboard,
creating work orders for building issues, assisting in facilities
aspects of large meetings, coordinating meeting material
preparation, preparing company budget, and ad hoc projects.5%
Manage special projects as delegated by executives.Required
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and Member
- Initiative and leadership, including the ability to research,
suggest, and initiate improvements and efficiencies in processes,
procedures, and technologies; and the willingness and eagerness to
accept additional responsibilities that involve updating and
increasing one---s knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work independently to establish, monitor, and
achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Independent problem-identification and problem-solving skills,
including needs assessment, idea generation, information research
and organization, and conclusion determination with effective
- Ability to provide effective and efficient executive assistant
support to executives.
- Thorough knowledge of current administrative practices,
procedures, and technologies.
- Ability to preserve and maintain the highest degree of
confidentiality for all information to which the incumbent has
- Ability to effectively proofread and edit written
correspondence and assist staff to improve written
- Ability to read and understand contracts and agreements, make
comprehensive editing recommendations, and assist in their
- Ability to perform simple legal research and understand legal
- Project management skills, including the ability to establish
project plans and objectives, regularly monitor and track progress,
and ensure appropriate communications with project partners.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability
to independently compose clear and concise complex summaries,
correspondence, reports, policies, procedures, and other documents
using the appropriate layout, tone, correct sentence structure,
grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to
effectively and persuasively communicate with individuals and
groups and demonstrate effective listening.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to
organize and appropriately prioritize work with the flexibility and
ability to quickly adapt to changes, efficiently and effectively
coordinate or handle multiple activities and/or the work of others,
and achieve appropriate results.
- Ability to plan meetings, prepare agenda materials, take
detailed notes at meetings, and independently prepare accurate and
complete meeting minutes.
- Thorough knowledge of and the ability to effectively utilize
intermediate and advanced features of Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively utilize standard and nonstandard Company
software, including Legisway contracting software, JPMorgan
SmartData credit card management system, Yooz accounts payable
workflow system, Microsoft Access, Visio, GoToMeeting, and
SharePoint--or--the willingness and the ability to gain
- Ability to work as an effective team member and to work
collaboratively with staff at all levels.Preferred Experience,
Knowledge, and Abilities
The following qualifications are preferred for appointment to this
- Successful experience supporting executives, including working
independently in areas where executive has delegated
- Bachelor---s degree, Certified Administrative Professional and
Organizational Management or Microsoft Office Specialist (CAP-OM or
CAP-MOS) designations, or similar designation(s) or
- Knowledge of accounting, investment, and finance concepts and
- Knowledge of contracting practices and legal processes.
- Knowledge of records retention practices.Physical Demands and
Work EnvironmentThese physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the
essential job responsibilities.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment with
minimal exposure to injury.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Ongoing daily use of computers and telephone.
- Walk; sit; stand; bend; climb; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms;
balance; stoop; talk; hear; read; count; and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to work with frequent interruption.
- Low to moderate noise level.
Keywords: The Employer Group, Madison , Executive Assistant, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!