Company: Rape Crisis Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DetailPosition Title: Bilingual/Bicultural AdvocatePosition
Code: B/BAPosition Type: Full Time RegularRemote Type: N/AOpening
Date: 9/9/2021Salary Range: $38,800 - $46,500 based on
experiencePosition Location: Madison, WIPosition Opening Date:
9/9/2021Position Closing Date: 12/15/2021 12:00:00
AMBenefits:Benefits:Benefits:Generous benefits package,
- Employee health insurance
- Holidays and paid time off!Total Hours Per Week: 40Position
SummaryThe Bilingual Advocate works to provide crisis and
short-term counseling and advocacy services in English and Spanish,
and helps facilitate community members' access to the Rape Crisis
Center's sexual assault victim/survivor services. This Advocate
also works to develop, strengthen and maintain relationships with
the Latinx community through participation in community groups and
providing outreach and education in Spanish. As with all RCC
employees, the Bilingual Advocate must be committed to providing
services with and to a variety of cultures with cultural awareness,
sensitivity and humility. All staff must complete RCC's Helpline
Training.Duties and ResponsibilitiesBilingual and Bicultural
- Maintain linguistically and culturally competent service
- Assist the agency in building and maintaining high quality
linguistically and culturally competent services for the Latinx
- Enhance public perception of agency's bicultural services
through linguistically and culturally competent outreach, network,
community involvement, collaboration, and service provision.
- Develop and implement short and long range program goals that
further RCC's strategic plan, in conjunction with the Director of
- Provide crisis and short-term counseling and advocacy to
survivors of sexual violence whose preferred language is
Spanish.Crisis Intervention and Advocacy
- Provide crisis and short-term counseling services by phone and
in-person to sexual assault victims/victims of childhood sexual
abuse, as well as their support people.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information and referrals to
callers and clients.
- Provide legal and medical advocacy and accompaniments to
victims of sexual assault. This includes providing sexual assault
victims with accurate information regarding involvement with law
enforcement, the criminal justice system, Crime Victim's
Compensation, restraining orders, forensic medical exams, general
medical care related to the sexual assault and other advocacy needs
to help them focus on healing from the assault(s).
- Must work collaboratively with community organizations and
agencies such as law enforcement, District Attorney's Office, and
Forensic Nurse Examiner Program.Outreach
- Participate in community meetings and work groups related to
crisis intervention and counseling of Spanish-speaking victims of
sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse.
- Provide sexual-assault-related training to professionals
working with Spanish-speaking clients.
- Provide sexual-assault-related presentations to youth and
various other community programs.Program and General
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services, maintain regular
contact with staff and supervisor, document services provided, and
assist in office operations.
- Other duties as assigned.Benefits:Benefits:Benefits:Generous
benefits package, including:
- Employee health insurance
- Holidays and paid time off!
Keywords: Rape Crisis Center, Madison , Bilingual/Bicultural Advocate, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!