RN-Call Center (PRN), Virtual
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: October 13, 2021
This position will be working 100% on the phone supporting
primary and specialty clinics within Dean Medical Group. Experience
with triage, epic, and working in a primary care setting are
This is a 24/7 department flexibility is key. Will cover for
PTO, sick calls and leave.
The hours for will primarily cover PM shifts (3p-11p) with
occasional day shift and/or overnight hours available.
Week-end hours are part of the expectations and the position will
be part of our holiday rotation. (Works out to be
approximately every 3rd holiday)
We offer a positive, upbeat work environment where all medical
personnel work together for the good of the patient. We hope
you will consider joining our SSM family!
Responsible for emergency telephone management of poisoning
exposures and questions handled by the Missouri Poison Center for
the entire state. Acquires a knowledge of poison prevention
techniques and interprets subtle indications while formulating
accurate questions to aid in decision making responses regarding
toxicology recommendations. Creates an environment that leads to a
positive patient care experience by evaluating, planning and
implementing effective patient care plans within the guidelines of
the standards of nursing care and operational guidelines.
- Acquires a knowledge of toxicological resources that are
helpful in managing poison cases.
- Staffs a 24-hour emergency telephone service while acting
collaboratively with staff, other health care providers and lay
- Obtains and documents a complete and accurate history. Provides
a calm, reassuring and intelligent interaction with the public and
health care professionals.
- Uses computer for live data collection and documentation,
online resources for information gathering, and communication with
caller through phone system.
- Utilizes advancing technology with live chat and texting to
assist callers with poison information or exposures.
- Guides treatment advice for both the public and health care
providers. Manages beneficial relationships with individuals and
departments inside and outside of the ministry structure.
- Acquires a knowledge of poison prevention techniques and
interprets subtle indications while formulating accurate questions
to aid in decision making responses regarding toxicology
- Creates an environment that leads to a positive patient care
experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective
patient care plans within the guidelines of the standards of
nursing care and operational guidelines.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Three years' registered nurse experience with insight in
medical/surgical, pediatric or maternal/child health
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN-Call Center (PRN), Virtual, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!