Respiratory Specialist, Customer Service
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Acts as a liaison between employees, providers, payers,
customers, and other health care providers to obtain necessary
documentation and process orders for CPAP, BiPAP, and other
respiratory equipment and supplies.
- Obtains and interprets medical documentation, compares
documentation with insurance coverage criteria, and creates orders
to provide CPAP, BiPAP and other respiratory equipment and
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility and benefits and
communicates financial responsibilities to patients, caregivers,
and other health care providers.
- Performs accurate and timely data entry into operating system
and processes orders for appropriate equipment and supplies to
ensure for timely delivery and correct billing.
- Communicates with patients, employees, caregivers, and other
health care providers on status of orders.
- Collects payments from patients for coinsurance, copays, and
- Obtains written orders and prior authorization for appropriate
- Ensures compliance with Medicare, Medicaid and Accreditation
- May focus duties on other equipment/supply groups as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Respiratory Specialist, Customer Service, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!