Respiratory Therapist - Home Health
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
At SSM Health at Home, we offer a range of services – all
with one goal: to keep our patients as safe and independent as
possible at home. We believe the important work we do together in
health care allows you to Fulfill Your Calling.
We are looking for a Respiratory Therapist to evaluate, treat,
and care for patients with breathing and other cardiopulmonary
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm, requires 1
weekday on call, weekend and holiday rotation
Provides respiratory therapy services and prescribed medical
equipment/supplies to patients.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of
treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Provides respiratory care services in accordance with specific
physician's orders, department policies, and procedures and
- Coordinates care plans for respiratory patients.
Evaluates patient progress and communicates with other health
care providers regarding modifications to patient treatment,
patient progress, and patient compliance.
- Educates patients and caregivers in the proper use and
maintenance of equipment and supplies. Troubleshoots
equipment related questions/concerns.
- Evaluates respiratory practice and treatment based on patient
- Participates in maintaining departmental inventory levels for
supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Respiratory Therapist - Home Health, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!