Patient Account Representative I
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
SSM Health at Home is currently hiring for a caring,
compassionate person looking for an opportunity to work in the
Our mission and values put the patient first and place you in a
position to improve each day. The Patient Financial
Services Rep is as important as any other function in the
healthcare delivery system. You serve as the ambassador of
service between the patient and SSM Health.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
Responsible for determining the patient financial component for
patient services. Estimates, communicates and collects the patient
financial responsibility and provides patient financial counseling.
- Work in a fast-paced environment using the most advanced
- Utilize personal skills to help those in need
- Opportunity to work with physicians, nurses, and other medical
staff in a team/collaborative setting for the overall good of SSM
and the patient
- Assists patients in understanding their insurance benefits
including their co-payment, deductible and co-insurance
- Educates patient regarding financial assistance programs when
- Obtains patient demographic information and requests financial
responsibility from the patient.
- Determines patient qualification for coverage by third-party
payer and informs financial counselor, patient or family member of
- Verifies all commercial insurance coverage, workers
compensation insurance, TPL insurance and state and government
- Documents and resolves patient concerns or inquiries that are
received via telephone, mail or walk-in within an established time
- Validates Master Patient Index according to departmental
- Interprets physician orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Patient Account Representative I, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!