Medical Equipment Specialist, Customer Service
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Works with medical providers and insurance payers to provide and
bill for medical equipment and supplies. Focuses on quality
- Receives and generates requests from referral sources and
patients to provide medical equipment and/or supplies to
- Obtains and reviews the documentation within the medical record
to determine if payer qualifications are met for
- Verifies patients’ insurance coverage information, submits
prior authorization requests, and creates delivery tickets through
- Communicates equipment options and payer/financial information
with patients and referrals.
- Responds to and works to resolve patient or referral concerns
- Accepts and processes payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Medical Equipment Specialist, Customer Service, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!