Posted on: September 14, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Case Worker provides case management services to offenders in a
correctional facility. Responsibilities include designing,
developing, and coordinating individual treatment programs,
counseling offenders within scope of practice and coordinating
services with other social service agencies. Maintain effective
communication with facility staff and community resources as well
as maintain accountability for services provided.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or closely related field from
an accredited college or university.
- Previous experience in professional case management, preferably
in a correctional setting.
- Full or conditional licensure as a Licensed Social Worker as
issued by the Office of Professional and Occupation
- Must maintain CPR certification, and any other certifications
(such as First Aid) required by contract.
- Designs, develops and coordinates individualized treatment
programs in order to meet offender needs.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with
- Maintain effective working relationships with Facility Staff
and appropriate probation, behavioral health and medical
- Responsible to abide by security regulations, including limits
of confidentiality of patient information requirements of the
- Counsel offenders within scope of practice on issues related to
social institutional adjustments, legal issues, etc. in order to
facilitate adjustment to prison environment.
- Identify individual offender problems in order to recommend
- Assist patient in making appointment with community agencies
for continuation of services.
- Communicate and maintain positive working relationship with
appropriate Unit Team Staff and other facility staff also assigned
to casework activities.
- Submits recommendations at Classification and Treatment Board
meetings concerning school, job assignments and programming in
order to facilitate ITP implementation.
- Document services provided to the patient in the appropriate
record, including contacts with community providers or probation
staff after patient's release from custody.
- Develops, records and maintains a complete psychosocial file on
all offenders referred to a treatment team in order to determine
individual needs and develop appropriate ITP.
- Provide educational group counseling related to risk reduction
and re-entry as well as other groups deemed appropriate for the
offender population within scope of practice.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Madison , Case Manager, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!