Sr Maintenance Technician/HVAC Specialist - Monday - Friday, 12:00pm - 9:00pm shift
Company: Exact Sciences
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Maintenance Technician/HVAC Specialist is responsible
for installing, servicing, repairing, troubleshooting and the
preventative maintenance on all Exact Sciences' heating,
ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. This position is
responsible for a wide range of equipment from large scale
commercial grade HVAC systems to multi-zone systems that
incorporate direct digital control (DDC), pneumatic, electronic,
and/or programmable logic controls. This position is responsible
for the fabrication of ducts, insulation, and checking systems and
equipment for leaks. This position is responsible for drawing
reviews and plans for HVAC modifications, troubleshooting, and
leads the installation of components that require controls
programming and linkage to the building automation system.
The hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 12:00pm -
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, operate, and repair of all Exact Sciences'
HVAC systems and equipment, including preventive maintenance.
- Oversee all components of these systems, including read
drawings and schematics, understand compliance standards, know
local building codes, and apply welding and soldering techniques,
- Work with engineering or scientific personnel to discuss plans,
modifications, and user needs; review available plans,
specifications, or mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP)
drawings; determine the size, shape, and location of
- Perform system and subsystem diagnostics, schedule and maintain
complex electronic environmental systems, and calibrate unique
components and controls that are used to provide and monitor
precise environmental conditions within Exact Sciences
- Provide expertise and technical assistance for a 24-hour
operational environment with limited documentation resources.
- Respond to service calls and preventive maintenance
- Track performance of routine and preventative maintenance to
ensure availability of HVAC systems.
- Participate in improvement activities that improve the process,
work, and make recommendations for enhancing the systems and
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans
and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Perform evaporator troubleshooting, defrost, and repair,
including, scrap surface, flooded, and direct expansion style
- React to loss of HVAC and other utility outages, as well as
assist in restoration efforts following weather related
- Train or assist with the training of other technicians and
entry level technicians.
- Provide technical support and expertise for automated
equipment, building infrastructure, systems, and controls to
maintain efficient and reliable operation, including the completion
of accurate and up to date good manufacturing practice (GMP)
- Analyze, diagnose, and repair equipment documenting work as
required by the quality management system (QMS).
- Monitor, repair, and maintain electrical, mechanical, and
plumbing systems and equipment or coordinate the services of
contractors and/or the landlord.
- Conduct building inspections to assess the current operational
condition, document findings, and take appropriate follow up
- Ensure contractor compliance with environment, health, and
safety (EHS) policies and procedures, including hot work and lock
out tag out.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Understand the operation of commercial, medical, and industrial
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards, including
GMP, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Food and
Drug Administration (FDA), Wisconsin Department of Agriculture,
Trade, and Consumer Protection (WDATCP), and United States
Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Participate in the on-call program for emergency service.
- Respond to critical alarms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interface and work effectively with all levels of
the organization, vendors, and customers.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds for approximately 5% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work on an electronic tape measure, mobile device,
tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for
approximately 70% of a typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of working time away from
work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Associates Degree in HVAC, Mechanical Maintenance, or related
field as outlined in the essential duties; or High School
Degree/General Education Degree and successful completion of formal
HVAC apprenticeship program in lieu of Associates Degree.
- 7+ years of experience in commercial, industrial, healthcare,
or similar HVAC refrigeration role.
- 5+ years of experience with packaged equipment up to 100 tons,
troubleshooting Variable Air Volume (VAV) systems, and computer
room air conditioning (CRAC) systems.
- 5+ years of experience working with facility software tools,
including, but not limited to, Building Automation Systems (BAS),
Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Computer-Aided
Facility Management (CAFM), and environmental monitoring.
- Must hold and maintain HVAC Qualifier Certification at time of
hire or ability to obtain within one year from start date.
- Must hold and maintain a valid EPA-608 Certification -
Universal Refrigeration License at time of hire.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.
- 5+ years of related experience in facilities departments in
regulated environments, including laboratory, bio/pharma,
industrial, and healthcare facilities.
- Experience in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Experience with OSHA, EPA, and FDA regulations.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of automated
- Knowledge of CLIA/CAP regulations.
- 10 Hour OSHA Certification.
- Facility Management Professional (FMP), Sustainability Facility
Professional (SFP), or similar certification.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
and any other status protected by applicable local, state or
federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative
action program are available to any applicant or employee for
inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences, Madison , Sr Maintenance Technician/HVAC Specialist - Monday - Friday, 12:00pm - 9:00pm shift, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!