Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin.
We are seeking a Cardiovascular Sonographer (CV Sonographer)
- Become a member of a dynamic team that focuses on providing an
optimal cardiovascular imaging experience.
- Experience the opportunity to work in an environment that
utilizes cutting edge technology and procedures.
- Work with other teams of health care professionals to provide a
positive experience to all patients, families and visitors.
- Join our Echo/Vascular Lab that is accredited by Intersocietal
Accreditation Council - in both Echocardiography and Vascular
Completion of a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
Education Programs (CHAAHEP) approved ultrasound program, Associate
Degree in Biological Sciences, Radiology, Ultrasound, or relevant
health sciences field.
Preferred - Bachelor's Degree in Ultrasound, Radiology,
Biological Sciences, or relevant health sciences field.
Minimum - Completion of required student clinicals.
Preferred - One (1) year of experience in a lab performing
echocardiography and vascular imaging.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registered in echocardiography and vascular ultrasound
(RCS, RDCS, RVT, or RVS). Current BLS or CPR.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of stress echocardiography, dobutamine
echocardiography, and transesophageal echocardiography
- Knowledge of peripheral vascular non-invasive testing.
- Ability to recognize cardiac anomalies in order for the
physician to render a diagnosis.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under stress, using tact and good
- Analytical decision-making skills necessary to quickly assess
and resolve technical and patient care problems and issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills in relating to medical and hospital
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent
lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Scheduled shifts will be Monday -
Friday, with variable start times between 7:00 am - 9:00 am.
Required to work Saturday rotation 8:00 am - 4:30 pm as well as
on-call rotation. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of
Sign-On Bonus: This position is eligible for up to a $5,000
sign-on bonus (pro-rated on FTE/hours).
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet-designated facility
that's ranked Wisconsin's #1 hospital and considered one of the
nation's leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral
Learn more about this opening
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an
Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.