Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician
Posted on: June 10, 2021
US0018 Sysco Baraboo, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
We offer our associates the opportunity
to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success
of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that
exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented,
hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and
let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-efficient vehicles by
performing quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs
as well as performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to
prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve
total fleet reliability.
$600 annual tool allowance.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on
vehicles and equipment with in planned time tolerances to maximize
the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life
cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles
including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty
vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment in accordance with
all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies.
(Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company
methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers,
converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize
safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors,
trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and
any company-owned equipment.
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely,
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to
manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines,
transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and
suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including
regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake
systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on
- Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC (distribution center)
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as
- Medium / Heavy Duty truck technical training
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-year school and 1 year of experience or 3 years of experience
in fleet maintenance and repair
- Current and valid driver's license.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Annual Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills, and
- Brake Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills and
- ASE certifications; Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks
(Preferred, Not Required)
- 609 HVAC Certification
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for
OEM's and component manufacturers
- Must provide own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment
and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all
maintenance repair and diagnostics
- Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and
- Moderate knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of
electrical systems on all equipment
- Moderate knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance
Inspections and repair
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas,
electric, MIG, TIG)
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Moderate knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Basic knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Basic knowledge of environmental regulations
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger
dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools, and other shop
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform Repetitive motion: wrenches and hand
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to
operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and
The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands
The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must
frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other
Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs
dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Frequently works outdoors.
- $600 annual tool allowance
Applicants must be currently authorized
to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.
This opportunity is available
through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: SYSCO, Madison , Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician, Other , Waunakee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!