IT Business Development Specialist
Company: Impact Networking LLC
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:Impact Networking understands the business challenges
that most small to mid-sized businesses face when tasked with
managing core business processes and keeping up with continuous
technology demands. Most struggle to get past fixing broken systems
and fail to reap the benefits of the big picture of their
technology infrastructure.We believe successful companies consider
technology an investment rather than an expense. Impact Networking
Managed IT Service provides the knowledge, toolset, and structured
resources to help achieve business goals by overcoming the break,
fix, and repair loop that hold most businesses back. Our Managed IT
service is a fully-managed solution that utilizes a "Best of Breed"
Remote Management and Monitoring solution (INC); proven processes
and standards; and a group of skilled Certified Consultants and
Support staff.As a Business Development Specialist you will act as
the Managed IT client liaison for a specific territory of
prospective clients and current clients that do not have MIT
Services from Impact. Own the pre-sales side of the MIT lifecycle
including but not limited to: Initial client engagement, assessment
and on-boarding. Work with the branch Sales Reps, Sales Manager,
Engineers and the MIT District Manager to help sell Impact MIT
services following the defined MIT sales process. Consistently work
with MIT and other Impact teams to develop and define the MIT
sales, SA and on-boarding process. Provide IT sales trainings and
other skill building techniques to ensure the sales reps can
effectively discuss MIT services.The role of the IT Business
Development Specialist is challenging and rewarding and requires a
technical skill set along with business acumen and interpersonal
skills. There are many hats to be worn and all require different
skills. The focus of any job at Impact is always excellent customer
service. We strive to make sure our clients understand our value
proposition and how we are different than the
- Conduct prospective client first-call phone conferences and
in-person meetings with the assigned outside sales team. The
ability to discuss the MIT programs, explain the benefits and
capabilities of our team, tools, procedures and staff is key to
this role. The goal of this meeting is to introduce the Impact
Managed IT service offerings and to get the client to agree to our
paid MIT System Assessment.
- Present technology and service demonstrations to prospective
- Provide technical advice to prospective clients in terms of
educating the prospect on the value of Impact MIT services.
- Own and Manage the MIT System Assessment process and all
associated documentation. This includes working with the MIT
District Manager and/or VCIO's to coordinate the planning of the
entire SA process and setting all timelines. Conduct the onsite
interviews, manage the assigned Field Network Engineer(s) while
onsite and set expectations for completion of each step in the
system assessment process. Prepare all financial and ROI
documentation to help sell the solutions to the client. Assists in
the writing of the System Assessment document, network diagrams,
quotes, etc. and help prepare for final client delivery.
- Conduct the in-person System Assessment validation and proposal
meetings with the assigned FNE. This includes walking the client
through the System Assessment documentation and explaining our
recommendations. This requires the ability to take the technical
details and explain them to C-Level prospects in a non-technical
way. The emphasis is always on showing the client the value we
bring and getting them excited about our Managed IT Services.
- Conduct client end-user onboarding meetings with the VCIO, FNE
and MIT District Managers to explain the Complete Care program and
show clients how to interact with our Help Desk. Walk users through
the Complete Care end user guide and ensure the client understands
the process while emphasizing our commitment to Customer
- Provide detailed client hand-off to the VCIO, FNE and Help Desk
teams for each new client.Technical
- Manage prospective client pipeline using Impact CRM. Update all
client activities on a minimum of twice-daily basis.
- Utilize the INC toolset (and other tools) to help provide
technical documentation relevant to the sale of MIT services during
the assessment process.
- Utilize the Impact ticketing system to document all work done
during the assessment phase.
- Process orders in the CRM and Impact Sales order process.
- Stay current with MIT solutions and is able to demonstrate our
solutions to prospective clients at a high level (SurfaceHUB, INC,
- Own the MIT sales pipeline and associated quota.
- Provide MIT sales trainings to branch sales staff to gain more
activity and ultimately MIT focuses client meetings.
- Work with sales team, sales managers and MIT District Manager
to coordinate all aspects of the client engagement and assessment
- Participate in ongoing training and attainment of
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers that further
develop our company's positive reputation through exceptional
- Maintain relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial
to the company.
- Manage workload to organize and prioritize daily, weekly and
monthly goals.Professional Development
- Develop personal skills to efficiently and effectively work
individually and as a member of the MIT team.
- Participate in company-sponsored job-related activities and
training to further develop your technical and interpersonal
- Stay current with the world of IT and helps bring new
solutions, technologies and other beneficial type information to
the team for evaluation.Things We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work
- Computer Skills
- Working knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server Operating
- Understanding of networking concepts and related hardware
(switches, firewalls, routers, etc.---)
- Understanding of virtualization technologies, server hardware
and storage systems.
- Understanding of Cloud service offerings like: O365, G-Suite,
Azure, AWS, WaaS, SaaS, IaaS, BDR and Business Continuity, etc.---
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Certifications - Industry sales or technical certifications
from partners like Microsoft, VMWare, HP, Dell, Cisco, etc.---
- Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be prepared to travel as required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an IT related inside or outside
- Experience in IT Leadership/Executive related job considered in
lieu of direct sales experience.
- Valued Qualifications (not required)
- 10 or more years' relevant work experience
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
- Experience working for a managed services organization
- Any industry related certifications, related college or
Keywords: Impact Networking LLC, Madison , IT Business Development Specialist, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!