Investment Operations Officer
Company: Bankers' Bank
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Bankers' Bank is a growing, state-chartered financial
institution with over $800 million in assets committed to assisting
community banks with their technological and financial service
needs for over a quarter of century. In addition to specializing in
providing correspondent banking products and services to community
banks we also provide bank holding company loans, over line
participations, leasing, secondary mortgage products, cash
letter/cash management, municipal bond underwriting, investment
trading, safekeeping and portfolio accounting, correspondent credit
services, international services, and bank card products. Bankers'
Bank has offices in Madison, WI, Des Moines, IA, Chicago, IL, and
Indianapolis, IN.We are seeking anInvestments Operations Officerto
join our Investments team. This role will report to the FVP-
Investment Operations. You'll be responsible for Investment
department security records, billing, and the Bond Analytic
product. In addition, the officer is responsible for Investment
Operations' accounts payable, vendor management and contributes to
the budgeting process. The Officer routinely performs reconciling
and reporting, and serves as the primary backup for the FVP of
Investment Operations, supporting the safekeeping and bond
accounting team as needed.Responsibilities:Security Record
- Responsible for the verification of all security records built
in the department
- Communicates corrections and trains the department on required
security record procedures and best practices.
- Security records are the basis for all department calculations
within the department and it is essential that the Officer verifies
they are correct.Track, Analyze, and Evaluate Data:
- Tracks invoice data from ICE and FIS for volume trend analysis
and contract renewal negotiations.
- Addresses and resolves billing discrepancies.
- Participates in budgeting.
- Performs vendor due diligence.
- Calculates trade amounts, principal payments, interest
payments, and general ledger entries based on known and assumed
variables to resolve discrepant information.
- Primary back-up for daily reconciling of InTrader to DDA and
- Administers the BondEdge analytic system.
- Generates, develops and implements improvements in both the
Portfolio Accounting and Portfolio AdvantEDGE products.Customer
- Researches and responds to customer questions
- Prepares monthly department billing.
- Assists with web portal maintenance.
- Support the Commercial Banking department with stock
certificate safekeeping.Product Development:
- Administers BondEdge Analytic System.
- Generates, develops, and implements improvements in Portfolio
Accounting and Portfolio AdvantEDGE productsIdentify and Resolve
- Responsible for daily reconciling of internal InTrader software
to DDA and GL
- Communicates and helps resolve identified
exceptions.Qualifications:Ideal candidate possess a Bachelor degree
in finance, economics, business or related field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the
position functions of the job. Five or more years of Bank
management or accounting experience. Familiarity with Bloomberg
Information Services and experience with InTrader is
Keywords: Bankers' Bank, Madison , Investment Operations Officer, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!