Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops and executes strategies for selling services to
merchants in assigned territory.
* Identifies new prospects and revenue opportunities for
merchant services through referrals, lead lists, referrals from
current merchants and self-sourcing and ensures line of business
partners are included in opportunity.
* Establishes relationships with key internal business partners
and provides overview of merchant including current partners,
support options, cross-sell abilities and partnership needs.
* Develops in-depth knowledge of products, value added services
and pricing models of targeted merchants and recommends additional
products and services to compliment businesses.
* Demonstrates product knowledge including various solutions,
markets and competitive intelligence.
* Utilizes available resources to ensure merchant is properly
set-up on FIS system, processing transactions and is initially
billed according to agreement.
* Responds promptly to prospect inquiries and requests and
prepares proposals, letters and presentations utilizing FIS
* Provides manager with regular reports and updates, both
written and verbal, outlining prospect status, revenue and deal
count achievement, partnership successes with various line of
business partners and campaign successes.
* Notifies conversion and/or relationship management teams on
opportunities that need to be assigned or supported.
* Maintains an awareness of competitors' products and pricing,
including new trends and developments in the industry.
* Acts as a mentor to sales representatives(s) with less
experience or in new markets.
* Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business or the equivalent combination of
education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Requires expert negotiation and communication skills, both
written and verbal
* Requires solid decision-making and problem solving skills
* Analytical skills are required to determine client business
needs and requirements
* Ability to remain calm under various levels of pressure
* Ability to show established track record of involvement in
industry trade groups preferred
* Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with all levels of management
(internally/externally), employees, clients and public
* Travel is required.
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Fully qualified sales
representative who has advanced beyond entry level. Developing
professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to
resolve a variety of issues. Has working knowledge of company
products and services. Typically sells through a specific channel,
having own territory, or working on a team and is responsible for
small to medium-sized quota/territory. Normally receives general
instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new project
or assignments. Typically requires a minimum of three years of
field sales experience.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all
personal information that we process in order to provide services
to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects
personal information online, please see the Online Privacy
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information,
national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here
supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be
required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this
job description care was taken to include all competencies needed
to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of
the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA
reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests
will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a
relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment
agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies
which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible
for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our
employees, or any other part of our company.