Job ID 2019-2325
Location : City Madison
Job Description JOB OBJECTIVE: Develop, plan, communicate,
execute, and monitor worldwide commercialization strategies (short
and long-term) and marketing tactics for the Academic Government
Strategic Business Unit (SBU) market and customer segment portfolio
using clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors,
timelines, budgets and metrics. Responsible for managing the
programs, events, and communications about our products and
services to internal and external customers in a defined market
1. Develop and implement cohesive go-to-market strategies and
commercialization tactics for the portfolio of products that drive
revenue growth in the target market segment(s).
2. Knowledge of various sales channels including direct,
distribution, electronic or non-sales force dependent
3. Knowledge and experience of selling and marketing into
4. Propose strategy and obtain buy-in from Product Manager(s),
Global Strategic Marketing Manager, Branch Marketing and
Director/SBU Leader on marketing communication plans. Define and
manage tactical plans for marketing communications: website
refinement, e-marketing campaigns, printed brochures, sales tools,
press releases, customer appreciation programs and public relations
to meet business objectives, deadlines and budget.
5. Develop, communicate and implement, global commercial
marketing plans including market research, situation analysis,
product/technology positioning and elements of marketing mix
(product, price, promotion, distribution) to create competitive
advantages, pertaining to the specified market segment.
Develop and execute:
a. Product/technology value proposition.
b. Detailed tactical plans and metrics for product launches and
c. Marketing collateral in support of new and legacy
d. Campaigns / themes and support tools for trade shows and
e. Competitor analysis and recommendations for strategic counter
f. Market specific messaging for work flow/application area.
6. Collaborates with product management and Marketing Services
to define segment-specific product or workflow value proposition,
positioning and marketing communications messaging, and promotional
tactics to maximize product portfolio revenue. Uses input from
customer needs and competitive landscape.
7. Lead logistics for development of materials and
campaign/theme selection for global or regional promotions.
Collaborate with sales channels on requests for special promotional
programs or training; work with internal marketing and technical
staff to evaluate requests and recommend/implement action
8. Network with sales, branches, distributors and customers to
understand needs/motivators to use for developing the most
effective regional and global promotions. Collaborate with sales
management to plan and coordinate product/technology
commercialization efforts aligned with marketing strategies.
9. Develop and deliver training and presentations about
campaigns/promotions and marketing strategy to and from branches,
direct sales, distributors and/or internal staff.
10. Identify metrics and measure effectiveness of marketing
tools and programs. Create and communicate metrics including ROI
for all promotional programs.
11. Initiate, develop and implement direct market research
activities; surveys, focus groups, competitive profile summaries
and reports. Analyze results, recommends strategic direction, goals
12. Lead strategy for external customer training events and
industry-specific conferences. Event examples include: Promega
Workshops/Roadshows, US regional meetings, ProCon Asia, European
Working Group Meetings, etc.
13. Manage the Business Unit’s revenue and/or expense budgeting
process. Creates the budget for assigned areas associated with
commercialization tactics. Analyze expense results, trend lines,
identification and explanation of exception items, and proposal for
current year budget based on strategic initiatives.
14. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory
requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support SBU management for special projects or duties.
2. The individual may also have accountability for certain
Product Management, Global Strategic Marketing activities
associated with the portfolio.
1. BS in life science field required.
2. 5 or more years experience in life science business, sales
3. Ability to comprehend and present intermediate level
molecular biology techniques.
4. In-depth understanding of marketing functions including
strategic and tactical marketing, marketing communications, market
research, product management, distribution channels, competitive
intelligence and customer relationship management.
5. In-depth understanding of sales and marketing into Government
accounts in North America.
6. In-depth understanding and experience of sales and marketing
capillary electrophoresis equipment and consumables into academic
and government facilities.
7. Strong public speaking skills needed to represent Promega at
external meetings, conferences and organizations. Able to present
high-level information for multiple audiences based on analysis and
8. Attend industry trainings, workshops, conferences, focus
groups and other activities associated with commercialization
tactics as a presenter or Promega representative. May be required
to give technical presentations about Promega products and
9. Proven ability to analyze issues, think strategically and
creatively and execute innovative ideas in the target market
10. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication
11. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple detailed projects
and assignments simultaneously and independently.
12. Proficient in Windows PC based environment and MS
1. MBA or equivalent business and marketing experience.
2. Five or more years’ experience in marketing management of
molecular biology products or services.
3. Global knowledge of local cultures and business practices
needed to successfully market to the applied sciences market
4. 3 years Sales experience in life sciences market.
1. Ability to move boxes up to 25 pounds.
2. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to use computer and telecommunications equipment.
4. Ability to travel as needed, domestic and globally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.