Operational Training Specialist
Company: WPS Health Solutions
Posted on: May 24, 2020
The Operational Training Specialist will contribute to a high
functioning training team that drives WPS Health Solutions to a
competitive advantage within insurance industry. Our trainers
develop curriculum (outline, participant guide, facilitator guide,
job aids, knowledge checks, assessments, gamification) using adult
learning principles incorporating current brain research.
In this role you will:
Facilitation of Technical and Compliance Driven Curriculum and
- Plan and organize all details needed to successfully facilitate
a class, including technology such as arranging Webex sessions,
conference phone lines, different computers (desktop computer, thin
client, all-in-ones), Citrix, system accesses, projectors, phones,
- Facilitate technical and compliance training to operational
areas, such as Customer Service, Claims, Provider Enrollment,
Appeals, etc., in multiple office locations using multiple methods
such as face-to-face, distance, or a combination using a blended
approach. The delivery of training could be to a group as small as
3 to as large as 50 participants.
- Create a positive and fun learning environment for
participants, while managing classroom with items such as class
schedule, classroom visitors, etc.
- Assess comprehension and understanding of learner(s) and adjust
facilitation style to address needs.
- Maintain training documents, such as class roster, assessment
scores, completion of required on-line courses, skills/knowledge
gaps, attendance, tardiness, termination reasons, process, training
- Co-facilitate with another training specialist.
Build and Maintain Technical and Compliance Driven Curriculum
- Develop and maintain curriculum (course objectives, outline,
participant guide, facilitator guide, job aids, knowledge checks,
assessments, gamification, etc.) using adult learning principles
incorporating current brain research, work instructions maintained
by business units, expertise of subject matter experts.
- Maintain business knowledge and skills by observing processes
and phone calls, as well as completing side-by-sides and processing
- Learn and keep up-to-date with technical and compliance job
skills, systems, and processes of business units supported.
- Write knowledge checks and assessment questions at a level 2
(understanding) and level 3 (application) using Blooms Taxonomy
learning model used to evaluate skills, knowledge, and ability of
participant to perform job.
- Identify curriculum efficiencies, such as topics that would
better serve as an online course vs face-to-face delivery.
- Collaborate with Instructional Design team to create, test, and
implement online courses.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Love teaching people
- Enjoy traveling- up to 25-30%
- Are uniquely satisfied about seeing the light bulb go on for a
- Are ready for a move from teaching in education to corporate
- Enjoy a stimulating work environment
You'll benefit from this experience by:
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the health insurance industry
including government contract work
- Working with a highly collaborative and fun team!
- Expanding your communication and management skills while
training new employees to serve our Military, Veteran and Medicare
You need to have:
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to
Department of Defense restrictions
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Training, Human Resources, or
related field OR equivalent post high school education and/or
- 2 or more years customer service experience or operational area
experience in health care or other related fields, to include 1 or
more year of facilitation.
- Ability to travel up to 25% to 30% of time
We also prefer:
- Health License
- This team has approximately 42 members which include
Operational Training Specialists, Senior Operational Specialists,
Operational Training Leads, Training Business Partners,
Instructional Designers, and the leadership team.
Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) withdollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance startDAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Dress for your day
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a
worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of
beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals,
families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large
businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program
administrator for the government's Medicare program. And we manage
benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel
and their families.
WPS has been named one of theWorld's Most Ethical Companies-- by
the Ethisphere-- Institute for 10 years in a row.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve.Click
Our values- Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual
Respect, and Driven& Passionate- are the core of who we are and how
we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for
individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors,
and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides
customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of
Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and
Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of
the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare& Medicare
Services, we've served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care
providers since 1966.
Arise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans
to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin.
With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers
health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance
products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts
Keywords: WPS Health Solutions, Madison , Operational Training Specialist, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!