Facilities System Application Administrator
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Facilities System Application Administrator is responsible for
managing the installation, implementation and future development of
the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and other
software applications, including updates and upgrades as necessary
or required as a primary focus. This role will collaborate with
Facilities users, internal customers and staff across all business
units. This role will ensure that the assigned application, along
other systems controlled or associated with the EXAS Facilities
CMMS, are effectively implemented and maintained to meet the
applicable regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include
maintenance of the test and production environments, the validation
of the system, acting as the lead system administrator in close
coordination with power users, IT personnel, Facilities personnel
and the Work Control Center Team in the oversight of the CMMS and
- Act as the lead system administrator in the management of the
Exact Sciences CMMS and Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM)
- Ensure that applications, devices, systems controlled or
associated with the EXAS Facilities CMMS and CAFM are effectively
implemented and maintained to meet the applicable regulatory
- Manage assigned applications so upgrades, integrations and
updates to systems and devices occur in an environment that is
conducive to high productivity and minimal downtime.
- Perform programming activities including test, creation or
modification of the assigned applications based on user or other
- Provide maintenance to all database components and maintain a
- Provide lifecycle database management services including, but
not limited to, design, development, provisioning, creation,
modifying and managing data and schema, cloning and backup,
troubleshooting, account management, and decommissioning.
- Create accounts for all users and assign security levels.
- Establish a disaster recovery protocol.
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem
- Schedule and perform regular server maintenance.
- Create database management procedures.
- Work with Facilities leadership, administrators, IT and
departments using the assigned applications and associated
- Identify and evaluate software for the enhancement of
- Collect sort and assemble data/information from
- Establish, organize, revise and maintain computer filers and
- Prepare reports and updates as requested.
- Build relationships with IT Administrators and others to ensure
conformance to architectural and technical support processes for
the assigned systems/applications.
- Support continuous improvement within the CMMS and ensure
equipment and work orders are updated accurately and timely.
Actively participate in new equipment onboarding into the
- Responsible for technical training and development of staff,
providing regular direction and feedback on system
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards, including
GMP, OSHA, FDA, CLIA/CAP, WDATCP and USDA.
- Maintain performance metrics and productivity metrics to drive
process improvements and ensure visibility to leadership and
- Ensure compliance of all safety and work rules.
- Skill to use electronic devices: laptop, tablet, smart phone,
electronic tape measure, etc.
- Overseeing multiple projects with a strong ability to
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as necessary.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate to other departments and teams
as necessary to drive alignment and visibility.
- Ability to coordinate work with multiple teams.
- Ability to accurately follow procedures with minimal
- Ability to mentor and train others.
- Ability to develop/transfer and thoroughly document new
processes and procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for approximately 5% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering; or
a high school diploma/general education degree and 4 years of
relevant work experience.
- 8+ years of experience implementing and supporting ERP
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and/or Computer
Aided Facility Management software systems.
- Application systems development methodology in a comparable
- Proficiency in Windows-based data capture systems.
- Proficiency with and specific knowledge of Computerized
Maintenance Management Systems and/or Computer Aided Facility
Management software systems.
- Ability to administer, manage and maintain multiple
applications and/or systems.
- Proficiency in facilities functions being monitored,
controlled, operated and/or maintained by the assigned applications
- Advanced computer skills (I.e. MS Office, Microsoft Access,
Crystal Reports, MS Project).
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving
violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license
revocation or suspension issues.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of GLP &cGMP documentation
- Experience in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Experience with OSHA, EPA and FDA regulations.
- Experience with SharePoint and SQL tools.
- Proficiency with Building Automation, environmental monitoring
- FMP, SFP or similar certification(s).
- Knowledge of CLIA/CAP regulations.#LI-AS2We are an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any
other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are
available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Facilities System Application Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!