BI Technical Lead
Company: IO Datasphere
Posted on: September 19, 2019
Our client is looking for a Business Intelligence Technical Lead to
provide technical leadership to the BI team in the development of a
data warehouse, data management techniques, tool implementation,
and reporting and analytical capabilities. Knowledge, Skills &
- Experience providing technical leadership to a business
intelligence team and mentoring team members on technologies and
tools to ensure consistent and effective implementation.
- Ability to establish design and use patterns for
- Experience developing technical reference models and ensuring
effective implementation of defined architecture.
- Experience with Tableau Server Infrastructure, specifically
publishing and back-end administration, effective organization of
data sources and dashboards, optimization, tuning, and ensuring the
security of data.
- Experience with ETL tools and processes including SSIS and/or
other ETL tools (Alteryx, Informatica, etc.).
- Experience with source code management tools such as SVN or
- Experience gathering, understanding & documenting user
requirements, creating specifications, designing solutions,
development, testing, and implementing solutions that ensure
requirements are achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Proven ability to provide direction and mentoring to team
members on Tableau development (10.5+) and dashboard
- Familiarity with dashboard design, full life cycle management
and the application of best practices including use of visual
- Experience with quality assurance and developing standards to
certify reports/dashboards/analytics for production use.
- Familiarity with both relational and dimensional data
- Experience using complex SQL.
- Experience with SQL Server and related tools including SSRS,
SSAS, and SSIS.
- Experience in the role of project manager leading BI
- Experience with analytical tools such as R, Python, and
- Experience providing leadership and coordination for
operational activities for production support and software
- Involvement in BI governance including data usage, metadata,
data management, data quality, and security.
- Familiarity working with technology including metadata
management/data cataloging, automated regression testing,
containerization, and advanced analytics.
- Familiarity with agile development practices, particularly
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, ability to
influence others and to interact with individuals at all
- Ability to work productively with cross-functional working
groups and across organizational layers with consideration for
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching,
collaborating, and team building.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to both technical
and non-technical audiences.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the
ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and
confidence. Note: Candidate must have a personal reason to be in
Madison. Location: Madison, WI Contract: 3 years Interview: On-site
prior to hire required. Skills Required:
- Excellent organization, analytical, and communication
- Experience querying complex, relational databases using SQL
and/or R programming languages. (10 yrs)
- Experience with version control systems (git) (5 yrs)
- Creating, reviewing and tuning SQL scripting (10 yrs)
- MS SQL Server (5 yrs)
- Experience in designing data models for BI/DW environments
employing dimensional modeling techniques and concepts such as star
schemas and slowly changing dimensions (6+ yrs)
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) (5 yrs)
- Experience with data warehousing / Business Intelligence (10
- In-depth knowledge of Agile system development life cycle
deliverables (5 yrs)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Perl,
Python, and PowerShell. (5 yrs)
- Tableau Administration (5 yrs)
- Tableau Development (5 yrs) Skills Desired A plus to have:
- Metadata tools (2 yrs)
- Automated Testing and Continuous Integration (2 yrs) *** Local
candidates preferred, not mandatory *** US citizens and those
authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are not
sponsoring H1B candidates at this time. *** Companies submitting
candidates should only submit direct W2 employees for this
position. This includes H1B visa candidates and therefore your
company must be the visa sponsor. Please submit your resume by
using the "apply" button below - provided by Dice
Keywords: IO Datasphere, Madison , BI Technical Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!