Full Stack Software Engineer (Madison)
Company: Propeller Health
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Why This Job Is Important
Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a
cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They're
still stuck in an analog era.
Propeller Health is changing that. Our mission is to improve
people's health by connecting the world's medicines. Our growing
team enjoys working together to innovate new technology to address
challenging problems whose solutions create enormous social value
and improve patient health.
We empower people with chronic diseases to lead their lives without
limits; you'll learn something new every day as you pioneer new
digital health solutions.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup company on a 5 to 7
person, self-governed, cross-functional team
- Looking to learn from some of the best engineers in the Madison
- Passionate about eliminating waste, and getting stuff
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to
learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller.
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and
change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers;
the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical
solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years experience programming in an object-oriented
- A firm understanding of web application development and agile
- Passion; you enjoy solving complex problems and doing good for
our patients and providers
- Natural curiosity, and a genuine desire to learn
- A good listener who respects their colleagues, but who isn't
afraid to assert themselves
- An owner. You pick work up off the floor, solve hard problems,
and believe in asking for forgiveness, not permission
- Fearlessness, and a comfort with uncertainty. You have an
acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases like MongoDB
- Understanding of AWS or similar cloud provider
- Experience integrating third-party services, using SDKs and
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, and an understanding
of unit testing, peer review, quality processes and rapid cycle
What You Will Do
You'll imagine, develop, document, support, and maintain full-stack
hosted software. You will:
- Write elegant and functional code
- Ship features often
- Communicate regularly, and overcome "blocks"
- Create software you're proud of, and that consumers love
What's In It For You
- Work with a smart, creative and diverse team of professionals.
Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to
work together. For example, we have epidemiologists,
physicians/clinicians on staff combined with regulatory experts,
statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory
- Connecting as a team is important to us. We create plenty of
opportunities to get together, such as regular summer cookouts for
lunch, after work events like board game and hobby night, and our
annual company-wide camping trip! You can opt in where it makes
sense for you.
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We
encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they're
not at work.
- A great office location in downtown Madison, steps from fun
restaurants and shops!
We use React and Angular on the front end, and Node on the backend;
Mongo for our main DB, Redis Amazon SQS to coordinate among our
various processes. We use TensorFlow/Keras, Amazon Sagemaker and
scikit-learn for machine learning. We host it all in AWS.
Our mobile apps are written in Objective-C/Swift and Java/Kotlin.
iOS uses CocoaPods to manage dependencies and relies on native
frameworks like Core Data and Core Bluetooth, as well as third
party frameworks like OpenAPI. The Android application uses
Retrofit, RxAndroid, and Dagger as well as the lifecycle aware
Android Architecture Components.
We're committed to unit testing, peer review, quality processes,
and rapid cycle deployment.
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide
range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand
our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe
that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best
work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do
this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate
a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with
support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don't
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All are welcome here.
Keywords: Propeller Health, Madison , Full Stack Software Engineer (Madison), IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!