Senior Systems Software Engineer
Company: Exact Sciences
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Position Overview At Exact Sciences we are dedicated to
eradicating cancer through early detection. The Senior Systems
Software Engineer works with the Systems Development team to
design, develop, and test software used in medical devices from
concept to production. Additional responsibilities include the
development of internal software tools and databases used in
R&D, service, or quality control. Essential Duties include but
are not limited to the following:
- Lead and participate in all aspects of the software development
- Translate product requirements and quality system requirements
into software specifications and assist in defining the product
- Lead review and create software design control documents with
- Lead the architecture of software driven systems.
- Document software designs and systems using generally accepted
notation such as UML.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Review and debug highly complex software.
- Code complex software applications with associated unit
- Develop test strategies and execute test plans at module/unit
and system levels. Develop test plans to ensure that product
requirements, quality system requirements, regulatory requirements,
and design specifications have been met.
- Champion best practices for design and implementation of secure
- Communicate and disclose known and potential security
- Create internal software tools to enhance data analysis and
data management productivity.
- Troubleshoot complex system issues and failures.
- Provide technical leadership.
- Mentor junior engineers and interns to develop their skills.
Facilitate training of junior engineers on current software and
software development practices.
- Work with external vendors to verify and validate software and
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or related
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation. Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience following quality system/design control
in medical device or related area, and a track record of
contributions to successful software launches, from initial concept
to customer release.
- Master's degree in engineering or related field
- Knowledge of the software lifecycle for a medical device.
- Experience in medical device development.
- Experience implementing common design patterns.
- Proficiency with Microsoft technologies. #LI-GV1 Salary Range:
$105,000.00 - $168,000.00 The annual base salary shown is for this
position located in US - WI - Madison on a full-time basis. In
addition, this position is bonus eligible, and is eligible to
receive company stock upon hire as well as annually. Benefits
offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday
and personal days, paid caregiver/parental leave, and health
benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision
coverage in accordance with the terms, conditions, and eligibility
requirements of the applicable plans. If you require a reasonable
accommodation with the application process, please email
email@example.com. We are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected
by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of
the Company's affirmative action program are available to any
applicant or employee for inspection upon request. To view the
Right to Work, E-Verify Employer, and Pay Transparency notices and
Federal, Federal Contractor, and State employment law posters,
refer to this link. These documents summarize important details of
the law and provide key points that you have a right to know.
Keywords: Exact Sciences, Madison , Senior Systems Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!