Technical SEO Specialist
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Combines understanding of search engines, web development, and
broad marketing concepts in order to positively impact website
health, indexability, and tactics for SERP (Search Engine Results
Page) rankings and conversion rates. Conducts SEO audits and
monitors sites to evaluate and maintain technical health. Partners
with SEO team members to analyze and report out on key conversion
points, recommending changes as appropriate. Collaborates with
stakeholders across Marketing and IT to ensure any changes meet
business stakeholders needs and align SEO best practices. Stays
update to date on trends in search and identifies future growth
opportunities.What You'll Do:
- Conducts SEO audits by analyzing outputs from various reporting
rendering, etc. Recommends improvements to Marketing leadership and
implements changes independently or with IT to enhance overall site
and search performance.
- Updates webpages and executes new page builds through
utilization of the content management system, ensuring an effective
and timely product is brought to market.
- Identifies opportunities to remediate and optimize site
architecture, infrastructure, sitemaps, robots.txt file, canonical
URL, pagination, page response codes, meta data, internal linking,
schema markup, core web vitals, and other factors. Partners with IT
and/or Marketing teams on implementing changes to maintain website
- Determines and provides IT with redirect strategies (i.e. regex
rules) to implement, ensuring page pathing is functioning
- Tracks and reports out to SEO leadership on technical SEO
improvements that were made and the impact of those changes.
- Monitors and analyzes site performance through utilization of
Google Search Console to ensure the proactive identification and
resolution of errors.
- Conducts website tests across browsers, operating systems, and
devices to ensure all sites are running effectively and with
optimal loading speeds.
- Reports out to business and Marketing stakeholders regarding
various technical SEO findings, including audits results and
- Partners with team member(s) in gathering quantitative and
qualitative findings to uncover insights and identify barriers.
Recommends solutions to Marketing leaderships and implements
technical changes accordingly.
- Maintains awareness of SEO best practices and analyzes trends
to improve processes and capitalize on optimization
- Provides advice on technical SEO matters to Marketing and IT
teams to help them understand best practices and implement changes
accordingly to have a positive impact on the business.
- Leads and participates in various projects providing project
management, research, and collaboration with multiple resources to
address specific SEO related needs/issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned from time to
time.What It Takes:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer
Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience B2B and E-commerce
- Mobile website experience
- Ability to spot data trends that can diagnose issues with a
- Critical thinker who enjoys investigations
- Familiarity with web standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in data models and creating best-practice reports
based on data mining, analysis and visualization
- Intermediate to advanced Proficiency in Google Analytics,
Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, Tableau, Excel,
Screaming Frog, Deep Crawl.
- Experience with both B2B and E-commerce sitesWhat You'll
Receive:We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's
Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go
into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction.
At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation.
Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy
to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and
Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to
return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry
University (SentryU).How You'll Apply:If you are interested in
joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most
interested in being considered for and complete your online
application details. If you have applied with us before, you will
only need to provide your email address and password. If this is
your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please
complete your application and upload your resume online.About
Sentry:All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various
talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on
our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a
full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to
help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement
income.Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims
and service offices located throughout the United States. From
sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy
a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for
ongoing professional development and growth.Our bright future is
built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904
and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures
ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the
largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the
United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading
rating authority. Get ready to own your future at Sentry.
Opportunities await.Thank you for your interest in Sentry!Nic La
Rosa Equal Employment OpportunitySentry is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. It is our policy that there be no discrimination in
employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Keywords: Sentry, Madison , Technical SEO Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!