Senior Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer - Work From Home!
Company: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in
ways never imagined.American Family Insurance is driven by our
customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job
- we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams. Job ID: -R25983 Senior Guidewire
PolicyCenter Developer - Work From Home! (Open) Compensation may
vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$76,900 Compensation Maximum:$141,600 Summary:
The Application Development Senior Engineer collaborates with other
in the division to provide and maintain applications that meet
business needs. Responsible for software design and development for
moderate to complex business solutions, providing technical
guidance and leadership for specific applications. May take on a
lead role on development projects that are small to medium in size
and may work under guidance of senior technologists on larger or
complex projects. Analyzes system problems and recommends
alternatives for resolution. Recommends opportunities to improve
system effectiveness and efficiency. Works in a mainframe,
client/server, business intelligence, and/or web environment for
internally built applications or vendor packaged applications.Job
Description:Primary AccountabilitiesApplication Development
- Analyzes high level system specifications, system requirements
and/or use cases. Converts information into low level
specifications and system design plan. Designs and develops
moderate to complex software solutions in adherence with I/S
standards, methodology and internal controls. Identifies and
provides solution alternatives for the defined functional and
system requirements when needed.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands
functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes
to supporting applications. Follows through with options and
- Provides appropriate documentation for design decisions,
estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as
required by organization standards.
- Defines, conducts, and/or participates in testing (i.e. unit,
system integration). Prepares, leads and/or participates in
- Collaborates with others regarding effectiveness of systems
flow, data usage and manual or automated processes to verify
- Ensures software development meets standards for programming,
design, performance, quality, and security. Identifies and
recommends areas for improvement in planning, design, development,
- Assists in developing recommendations for future development,
releases, and enhancements (technical implementations).Maintenance
& Support (35%)
- Provides second-level and third-level support. Troubleshoots
problems with supported applications and ensures problems are
resolved to client satisfaction. Escalates to senior-level when
needed. Provides alternatives for solving identified system
- Repairs, modifies, and develops additional functionality.
- Provides vendor system support.
- Follows and supports change management practices and internal
controls standards. Communicates changes and impact to those
affected. Assists less experienced technologists in all areas of
maintenance and communication.
- Shares knowledge and information with others to resolve
problems and build team knowledge.
- Creates and maintains service desk diagnostics and job aids for
area of responsibility. Updates and/or reviews with those
affected.Technical Leadership (20%)
- Provides accurate estimates of object(s) size and work effort
for software solutions to assigned specifications as an input to
work planning. Assists less experienced technologists with
- Assists and holds others accountable for their commitments.
Takes accountability for team deliverables and overall team
success; manages own tasks.
- Recognizes and escalates quality, deadline, or deliverable
issues within own work environment to team leads and/or
- Participates in systems analysis, general systems design,
specification development for vendor contracts, and detailed
systems design as needed based on expertise.
- Provides technical leadership in the ongoing adoption and
development of software engineering procedures, standards and
- Participates in knowledge sharing activities and technical
conversations with peers to increase the overall knowledge of
software development practices.Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Basic knowledge and understanding of application architecture,
design alternatives, and development standards.
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical
- Demonstrated experience developing complex software/systems
using one or more programming language.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, using and supporting
integration and communications technologies between applications,
databases and technology platforms.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and estimating project size
and work efforts for software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience writing and modeling application system
design and program specifications.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of integration and migration
strategies and technologies.Additional Job Information:This role
will be joining one of our PolicyCenter Guidewire Development teams
supporting our Commercial Farm Ranch Division and will have the
- Knowledge of Guidewire Gosu (PolicyCenter 7+ preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Insurance Knowledge We are targeting individuals with
strong/proven development / engineering skills within PolicyCenter.
Based on candidate qualifications, we will hire at other levels in
the job family.
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the
results of applicable background checks.
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions.
- We are open to hiring a Remote/Work From Home Employee
- Employees are required to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated, subject
to state law and municipal ordinance, or if they have an approved
medical or religious exemption. #LI-RemoteWhen you work at American
Family you can expect benefits that support your physical,
emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to
comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that
enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive
401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a
paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment
program and paid-family leave are available to support our
employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are
not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits. We also
consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent
with applicable federal, state and local law. Stay connected: Join
Our Enterprise !LI:BP1
Keywords: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S., Madison , Senior Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer - Work From Home!, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!