Customer Digital Technology Director - Open to Remote
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in
ways never imagined.American Family Insurance is driven by our
customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job
- we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.Job ID:R25403 Customer Digital
Technology Director - Open to Remote (Open)Compensation may vary
based on the job level and your geographic work
Maximum:$247,000Summary:There are two positions available. Both
roles can be remote.These leadership roles will focus on
determining technology strategy and delivering IT solutions for
customer and agency digital experience.Prefer candidates who have
IT experience in the ecommerce space, agency sales or CRM
experience.The Engineering Director is a strategic leadership
position responsible for oversight of the applications engineering
function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software
applications aligned to business needs. Responsible for
understanding and contributing to business decisions and strategy
aligned to corporate objectives. The engineering director
collaborates and builds strong relationships with divisional
leadership and business partners and is accountable for the
technical strategy to deliver high quality and optimized digital
technology solutions.This position is responsible for developing
leaders and building strong delivery teams aligned to the Scaled
Agile framework.Job Description:Job Level Summary
- Provides leadership to managers and professional staff.
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production
and/or organizational priorities.
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and
organizational objectives.Primary Accountabilities
- Partner with leaders across the enterprise to ensure technology
builds, upgrades, and migrations are well understood and planned
- Provide guidance for system and service design to improve
security, scalability, reliability and adaptability.
- Oversees the design, implementation and support of technology
stacks working with engineering teams to deliver new products
leveraging continuous delivery and integration.
- Cultivates and enables a customer-centric product culture that
leverages data, analytics, empathy and experimentation to design,
validate and deliver valuable products and services for customers,
stakeholders and business partners.
- Work with business areas to identify capabilities and features
needed to support business objectives.
- Works with key business leaders to identify future strategy and
the core business process changes needed to support that
- Oversees efforts to determine the impacts of business process
and system changes on employees and required skillsets needed in
the new environment. Works closely with stakeholders to develop and
implement plans to manage these impacts.
- Advocate agile principles and practices in order to achieve
team health, consistent delivery and drive continuous improvement.
Understand how and when to leverage design thinking, UX and other
frameworks into the process for a flexible hybrid methodology that
fits the team, product and customer.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching to staff improve in
throughput and quality and practice continuous improvement.
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve
department goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
Prepares and analyzes department plans and reports. Provides
leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting
the results of the operating area.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business
environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common
vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing
outstanding performance and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, proving performance feedback,
providing effective performance assessments, and establishing
performance & development plans.Travel Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.Specialized
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support, or service
- Demonstrated experience planning and delivering large, complex
technology projects or programs
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with internal
and external partners
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of processing systems and
- Solid knowledge and understanding of technology frameworks and
- Demonstrated experience with Scaled Agile framework
- Experience with cloud application solutions and digital
transformation preferredAdditional Job Information:o Offer to
selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of
applicable background checkso Offer to selected candidate is
contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary
information, trade secrets, and inventionsOpen to
remote!#LI-RemoteWhen you work at American Family you can expect
benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial
wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental,
vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your
health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension
plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families. Interns
and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family
Enterprise benefits.We also consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Madison , Customer Digital Technology Director - Open to Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!