Company: J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Functional Area: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Options: Remote / Work from Home in the US
Work Hours: Standard Business Hours A Safe Environment During
COVID-19: At J. J. Keller, our purpose is to protect people - our
clients and our associates. We use CDC-recommended best practices
to ensure the healthiest workplace possible, and our Environmental
Health & Safety Team continuously monitors our pandemic protocols.
During COVID-19, associates have given J. J. Keller high scores for
keeping them informed and safe. Position Summary Be a mentor to
others, help set technical direction, work on large,
enterprise-level commercial applications that are created to
protect people and companies they run. In this role with J. J.
Keller, you can make a difference! The purpose of this position is
to perform technical design and development of new features for
assigned products or services, as well as to provide guidance and
assistance for ongoing technical maintenance and support. This
includes: analysis, project estimating, design, development/coding,
testing and documentation. This position will also assist in
long-range planning and recommendations regarding technical
architecture. Our team has been--operating as remote team for
several years, so you can work from your home in the US, and feel
confident--in joining an accomplished distributed team.-- Job
- Performs assigned programming tasks related to new development
or maintenance on assigned websites or applications with minimal
- Analyzes user needs and impact to other site areas to determine
technical requirements of assigned tasks.--
- Promotes strong quality practices by performing unit testing
and providing appropriate level of support for user acceptance
testing, as needed.--
- Maintains accurate technical documentation for assigned
- Acts as a support resource for the technical support staff to
ensure that customer-reported issues are being addressed in an
efficient and accurate manner.--
- Performs lead developer role on large projects.--
- Coordinates technical implementations and interfaces with
Website and Database Administrators to maintain optimal server
configuration, database accuracy/integrity and for coordination of
staging and production moves.--
- Serves as a mentor to other technical staff to enhance their
productivity and contributions to the team.--
- Participates in long-range planning and makes recommendations
regarding technical architecture and department
- Communicates with third party vendors, end users, customers and
internal product stakeholders on systems requirements, enhancements
and recommendations to support business direction.--
- Develops and maintains a solid understanding of the technology
tools and trends and remains current in new technology developments
and their potential impact on the department.--
- Performs other duties as assigned.-- Qualifications Experience:
- 6+ years of progressive experience in analysis, technical
design, coding and testing of PC/Internet based applications.
- 3+ years experience working with Microsoft development
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Previous experience mentoring others on technical issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or technology-related
field strongly preferred.
- Associate"s degree in a Computer Science or technology-related
field required. Computer Skills:
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
- Object oriented programming experience.
- Understanding of SQL Server development and database
structures.-- Other Requirements:
- Systems analysis and design skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate
technical and non-technical issues with customers, vendors and
product stakeholders at various levels.-- Physical Requirements
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work
involves operation of personal computer equipment for extended
periods of time. Frequent travel to offsite offices, customer sites
and/or industry and training events may also be required, depending
on assignment. Other Information At J. J. Keller, we--are--
Difference Makers --because the work we do truly matters. We
protect people's lives every day. In fact, more than 90% of
Fortune----1000 companies rely on J. J. Keller to help create safe
work environments. Our associates have named J. J. Keller as a--
Great Place to Work -- four--years in the running.--View our--
CAREERS --video to learn more about being a-- Difference Maker --at
J. J. Keller and click-- here --to learn what our associates have
to say about life as an associate at J.J. Keller.--
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with J. J.
Keller & Associates, Inc.! If you experience system-related issues
or need assistance with the online application, please call (920)
Not the right role for you, but know someone who could be a great
fit? Refer them to us through our Professional Referral Program and
you will earn a cash payment if your referral is hired. Learn more
here . J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is--an Equal Opportunity
Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national
origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a
veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or
local protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Madison
Job Segment: Developer, Computer Science, Database, SQL,
Keywords: J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc., Madison , Sr. Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!