Back End Developer Summer Intern: 2021
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic
initiatives to design, code, test, and provideindustry-leading
solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take
off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and
the world remains safe because of the work our software developers
do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client,
software development is critical to the success of IBMand our
clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software
development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading
minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
START DATES FOR THIS POSITION ARE FEBRUARY 2021 AND LATER.
As al Back End Developer Summer Intern you:
- Are experiencedwith client-server architectures, networking
protocols, application development, and using databases.
- Have experience using and developing APIs.
- Understand user and system requirements
- Have an understanding of, or experience with,Agile development
What You'll Do:
- You'll work in a dynamic, collaborative environment to understand
requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and
support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You'll employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that
provide a great user experience along with high performance,
security, quality, and stability.
- Design and code servers, services, applications and databases
that are reusable, scalable and meet critical architecture
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean,
well-documented, and easy to use.
- Create and configure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform
as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
Design and implement large scale systems and Service Oriented
Architectures (SOA) that enable continuous delivery.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and
supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of
all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal
and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting,
designing and implementing solutions to complex technical
- You have a basic understanding of software development and
- You have the ability to learn new skills quickly and use the
These are office based positions in IBM locations including the
following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on
demand & will be deleted as filled:
AZ - Tucson
CA - Costa Mesa, Emeryville, Foster City, San Francisco, San
CO - Denver
CT - Southbury
GA - Brookhaven, Sandy Springs
KS - Leawood
MA - Andover, Cambridge, Littleton
MN - Rochester
NY - Armonk, NYC, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
NC - Charlotte, Research Triangle Park
OH - Columbus
PA - Blue Bell, PIttsburgh
TX - Austin, Dallas, Houston
VA - Herndon
VT - Essex Junction
Keywords: IBM, Madison , Back End Developer Summer Intern: 2021, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!