Manager - IT End User Services
Company: UW Credit Union
Posted on: January 16, 2020
UW Credit Union is growing and hiring a Manager - IT End User
Services to lead our help desk and field services teams! As a
member of UW Credit Union's IT management team, the Manager - IT
End User Services leverages ITIL best practices in identification,
prioritization, and resolution of end user support incidents and
requests; including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of
all Help Desk functions. This customer-driven leader is also
responsible for leading the Field Services team, which configures,
deploys and supports all client facing technology for employees of
UW Credit Union. The Manager - IT End User Services Manager and
team will work closely with the internal server, network,
application support, and security teams to make sure that client
technology meets business needs and applicable security standards.
We consider our people and systems as differentiators that allows
UW Credit Union to stand out and continue serving our members.
Because of this, we have grown to become one of Wisconsin's top
financial institutions with over 270,000 members and $3 billion in
assets. If you're a goal-oriented individual, a cross-functional
leader, and one that thrives in driving progressive change then we
want to talk to you! Operations/Support & Service Coordination 40%
- Ensure employees are consistently receiving outstanding
- Implement and maintain employee survey that allows us to
compare our service to a broader benchmark, such as the Help Desk
- Manage the creation of all end user communications involving
outage, change or other situations.
- Develop metrics and data analytics to help illustrate our
service and operational effectiveness.
- Manage the services and ongoing costs associated with company
- Coordinate scheduling of team resources.
- Oversee the ordering/receiving and accounting of all hardware,
software and maintenance.
- Lead the configuration/build/deployment of all client facing
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and
- Develop and implement end user training programs to increase
computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of knowledge base
article/FAQs. People Leadership 25%
- Work with HR and senior management to select, develop and
retain highly engaged employees.
- Interpret and communicate organizational purpose, critical
measures, strategies and progress as it relates to the department
and individual employee goals and success.
- Provide open and transparent communication with employees and
departments across the organization.
- Provide broad based recognition by recognizing positive
behaviors, achievements, and results exhibited by team
- Review and communicate performance standards and expectations
of team members.
- Actively role model behaviors necessary to achieve goals.
- Possess a commitment to the excellence of others through
actions that support the growth and development that optimizes the
talent of individual employees.
- Provide timely, ongoing and consistent direction, performance
coaching and honest feedback.
- Invite and accept feedback and provide upward feedback.
- Responsible for own continual individual self-development and
improvement of UW Credit Union's Leadership Success Criteria. Cross
Functional Leadership 15%
- Forecasts future skill and competency needs to develop and
acquire an outstanding End User Services workforce.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and builds and maintains
relationships with other UW Credit Union leaders and business
executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs.
- Develops and oversees a formal governance mechanism (ticketing
system, metrics, etc.).
- Leverages influencing skills to enable innovative and
- Takes actions to create buy-in, gain trust, and motivate
actions in others. ITSM/ITIL Ticket System Management 15%
- Drive implementation of UW Credit Union's new ITIL ticketing
- Ensure processes, flows, reports, etc. are designed
appropriately and driving results.
- Ensure Asset Module within the ticketing system is implemented
- Ensure Change Management Module is designed and implemented to
follow best practices.
- Liaise with other departments throughout UW Credit Union. Other
- Assist in preparing budget estimates associated with Help Desk
and Field Service operations.
- Support activities related to workload assignment, including
maintenance of resource allocation estimates, project status,
estimated and actual effort, target dates, and associated
- Provide clients and staff with technical assistance for
- Manage vendor relationshipsBachelor's degree in information
systems, computer science, data science, business or related field
required. Master's degree preferred. Relevant work experience may
be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- 6+ years' experience overseeing the Help Desk function.
- 6+ years' experience leading an IT Field Service organization
(build, deploy, support client technology) preferred.
- Hands-on experience managing problem management systems.
- Experience designing, documenting, and implementing IT support
- Experience with remote support tools.
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation certification preferred.
- Able to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation. Why work for UW
Credit Union? Join one of Wisconsin's premier financial
institutions, a four-time recipient of Madison Magazine's Best
Places to Work, and a two-time Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Top
Workplace to receive:
- 2 weeks paid caregiver leave
- 2 weeks paid new child parental leave
- 21.5 days annual time off
- 2 days paid volunteer time
- 9 paid holidays (includes your birthday!)
- Personal development and peer connections through Employee
- 401k company match of up to 5%, plus approximately 4%
- Variable bonus reward
- Free bus pass and BCycle membership
- 5 health plan options, including domestic partner
- And more!UW Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Protected Veterans,
Women, and individuals with Disabilities. We strive to cultivate an
inclusive workplace that is home to a diverse workforce where
employees at all levels model knowledge of, belief in and a
commitment to cultural competence.
Keywords: UW Credit Union, Madison , Manager - IT End User Services, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!