Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: January 14, 2019
At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:Job ID: R10192 HR Consultant (Open)Summary:The Human Resources (HR) Consultant supports the diagnosis, development and implementation of client-specific HR solutions through the use of data and storytelling, coaching and consultation with clients. Partners with Human Resource Advisors and divisional centers of expertise to deliver HR solutions and programs that attract, motivate, develop and retain talent.
Experience as a HR Junior Business Partner
Knowledge of two or more HR disciplines
Data AnalysisResponsibilities:Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience establishing positive relationships with leaders that allow for effective counseling, consulting and negotiating.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and synthesizing data into easy to understand and actionable recommendations in written and presentation form using data, graphics, and effective storytelling to communicate insights and implications for decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate efforts across multiple business units
- Demonstrated experience developing creative and/or innovation solutions to business needs
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of project management processes and methods.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of HR disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience managing large initiatives (planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project objectives).Travel Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.Additional Job Information:Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checksOffer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventionsOur policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this positionRelocation assistance is available
Job Description:Primary Accountabilities
- Completes the analysis of divergent data points to inform HR viewpoints and the development of talent strategies to address. Data includes people related data used in alignment with business strategies. Examples include exit interviews, skill assessments, job change trends, trends for talent attrition, talent movement, talent development stats, performance management analysis, engagement analysis, etc.)
- Performs ad-hoc reporting on key people related data to continually understand how as it relates to client business needs.Participates in the workforce planning process across divisions, including creating business hypotheses related to change, determining critical questions, and identifying "what if" scenarios for the purpose of exploring varying options and outcomes.
- Partners with HR centers of expertise (COEs) to administer programs that support the company's ability to attract, develop, motivate and retain talent. Serves as a project manager for larger scale reorganizations across multiple divisions. Influences the support needed by other key stakeholder in this process
- Recommends new approaches and/or procedural changes to affect continual improvements in efficiency of the departments and services performed.
- Serves as the key contact for manager level support needs and as backup in the absence of the HRA for senior level leadership support needs.
- Coaches leaders on HR policies, procedures, services and capabilities and communicates information as needed in client or HR specific meetings.
- Assesses overall risk associated with key initiatives and divisional support needs and partners with Legal and Employee Relations to define overall approach related to people impactsStay connected: Join our Talent Community!LI:AS1
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Madison , HR Consultant, Human Resources , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!