Machine Operator - $20/hr to $22/hr
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Bindery Operator Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your
career awaits join us! LOCATION: Madison, WI Job Summary: Perform a
variety of physical tasks surrounding the set-up and running of
Binding equipment and provide direction to the crew working on the
equipment. Operators must also be able to complete all the tasks of
a Bindery Assistant as well. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Set up and run Bindery machines according to the job
specifications along with all safety, quality, productivity, and
other Bindery processes.
- Supervise crews for safety, quality control, productivity and
other production related activities as assigned by the shift
- Perform preventative maintenance measures as assigned.
- Perform Bindery Assistant duties when not assigned to set-up or
- Other duties as assigned (book inspections, special projects,
- Safety - Complies with OSHA regulations and company safety
policies. Monitors for safety hazards and reports any
safety-related concerns. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervises productivity, safety, and quality of work of crew
while working on a piece of equipment. Basic Qualifications:
- Must be able to read English, do basic math and work with basic
tools (ruler, tape measure, screw drivers, wrenches, etc.).
- Must have basic computer skills to work with Windows type
- Must have work or other experience that demonstrates a
mechanical aptitude, the desire to learn how to operate a machine
and ability to do basic troubleshooting when a piece of equipment
is not functioning.
- Must work cooperatively with others and have solid
- Possession of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent is
required. Desired Qualifications:
- Prior Bindery experience is preferred and at least 3 - 6 years
of related work experience. Physical Requirements: Work is
performed in a factory environment with regular exposure to dust,
dirt, noise, and the physical hazards of machinery, plus some
exposure to fumes, oils, lubricants, and chemicals
- WALKING: Must be able to walk some operations require constant
- STANDING: Must be able to stand (for almost all job operations)
on a concrete floor or wooden platform.
- LIFTING: Must be able to lift various materials weighing up to
10 lbs. continuously and materials weighing up to 20 lbs.
occasionally and 40 lbs. rarely.
- GRASPING: Must be able to grasp lifts or paper several inches
thick, and weighing 2 to 5 lbs., between fingers and thumbs (to
keep individual sheets from slipping during the lift) on a frequent
or continuous basis. Also requires frequent to continuous flexing
and bending of wrists.
- TWISTING: Must be able to twist/rotate at the waist, up to 90
degrees, when loading or packing.
- STOOPING/BENDING: Must be able to bend downward from the waist,
and flex knees, often to get lifts of printed forms and books off
bottom of pallet from floor height up to waist height or during
set-up of equipment.
- REACHING: Must be able to reach outward frequently at a
full-arm extension and downward/upward from 6 height to 56
- REOCCURING MOTION: Must be able to repeat the same movements
and hand operations continually to keep up with machine or assembly
- SITTING: Most duties do not allow for sitting. What's in it for
- On-the-job training programs through Sheridan Academy.
- Career advancement with an employer who supports your
- Tuition reimbursement for approved coursework.
- A best-workplace culture that fosters life-long friendships and
- A successful and growing industry-leading company.
- An employee referral program that pays you money.
- A variety of shift and schedule options.
- Paid vacation & holidays.
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision.
- Teladoc - convenient no- or low-cost medical services.
- Confidential and free EAP program for wellness and mental
- Company-paid basic life, AD&D, and short-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- A safe, values-based company that acts with integrity and
respect for all. CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or a
reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact
Kelly Miller at or .
Keywords: Sheridan, Madison , Machine Operator - $20/hr to $22/hr, Human Resources , Waunakee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!