Human Resources Business Partner
Company: TANDEM HR, LLC
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Position SummaryThe Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
position is responsible for maintaining and growing client
satisfaction within a portfolio of assigned accounts, using both
customer service and human resources management knowledge, skills,
and abilities. The HRBP has an expansive knowledge of human
resources and ability to guide clients through the most complex
people and business-related matters. The position formulates
partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service
that reflects the business goals and objectives of the
organization. Maintains an applied knowledge of federal,
multi-state, and local employment law and regulations.Duties and
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with a portfolio
of clients and their employees to become a strategic business
partner and advise on all aspects of the employee lifecycle,
compliance, and short and long- term business needs. Responsible
for client relationships, servicing and retention of a client
portfolio comprised of 500-800 worksite employees.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the client.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and ensure alignment
with core values and strategic goals.
- Evaluate client compliance with employment laws and
requirements. Recommend changes as necessary.
- Provide and support employee relations activities including but
not limited to onboarding, performance management, learning and
development, investigations, discipline, and termination.
- Respond to client and/ or employee questions regarding payroll,
benefits, Worker's Compensation, Unemployment Claims, etc.
- Identify, evaluate, and mitigate risk for the client, employee,
and Tandem HR.
- Conduct HR projects including but not limited to, HR
assessments, I-9 and FLSA audits, handbook and policy design, and
performance management system development.
- Manage client service plans and action plans, including HR
- Conduct research and leverage internal and external networks/
resources in response to client needs.
- Formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver
value-added service to management and employees that reflects the
business objectives of the organization (both internal and
- Design and conduct employee and/or supervisory workshops on
employment law compliance and best practices, leadership skills,
and other requested topics.
- Support client communications, marketing, and sales functions
including attending prospect meetings, and handling new client
- Collaborate with other Tandem HR internal partners to provide
expertise and recommendations on shared service projects.
- Works with the Client Relationship Executive(s) (CRE) and/or
Manager, HR Client Services on escalated or complex client related
matters, including but not limited to services concerns, contract
details, fees, and pricing.
- Leverage appropriate colleagues as needed across the
organization to drive service levels and solve complex
- Serve as a leader and an advocate within the organization and
provides mentorship and guidance to internal colleagues.
- Maintain an applied knowledge of federal, multi-state, and
local employment law and regulations.
- Effectively coach and mentor business leaders and identify and
anticipate client employee needs.
- Provide human resource support to clients including advising
and coaching on employee relation issues, policy and job
description writing and connecting employees to appropriate
- Maintain and build client relationships with both new and
existing book of clients.
- Liaison with business owners and leaders on the talent needs
and impact to their business.
- Perform activities that generate revenue.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR business
unit to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Provide support and guidance in implementing growth
initiatives/strategies including acquisitions.
- Identify client needs and illustrate value of Tandem HR Service
- Solicit service/performance feedback from clients to drive
continuous improvement and ensure satisfaction, retention, and
client referrals as applicable.Occasional Responsibilities:
- Traveling may be required for team collaboration and client
- Create and implement standard operating procedures to
- Complete special projects as required.
- Serve as a professional representative for Tandem HR within
professional and community organizations, including client
- Serve on cross-functional teams/committees.
- Identify and recommend enhancements to client servicing,
operational efficiencies, and expense reduction.
- Other duties as assigned. Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Human Resources or a related area
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP certification required. An HR certification
must be acquired within 12 months of start of employment.
- At least five (5) years exempt level HR experience.
- May consider relevant human resources experience in lieu of
- Strong customer service skills and ability to build trust with
individuals at all job levels.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to speak to small and large groups.
- Excellent computer skills with applied knowledge of Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint), Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Thorough knowledge of HR best practices, laws, and
- Timely attention to detail, problem solving, and
- Adept in a fast-paced multi-priority environment with competing
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable
- Ability to welcome new challenges required. Ability to maintain
a positive attitude under stress.
- A desire to have FUN!This job description does not list all the
duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to
perform other instructions and duties. This job description may be
revised from time to time and does not constitute a contract for
Keywords: TANDEM HR, LLC, Madison , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...