Human Resources Generalist
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Human Resources Generalist
Our Portage, WI food manufacturing client is a Human Resources
Generalist. The HR Generalist develops, implements, and administers
policies and programs including; employment, employee learning and
development, recruitment, on-boarding, compensation, performance
management, and EEO/affirmative action.
- Coordinates recruitment for the facility including identifying
recruitment sources, evaluating candidates, conducting interviews,
and referring qualified candidates to appropriate staff members for
further evaluation. Extends offers of employment, arranges
background checks, drug screens and physicals. Conducts new hire
- Assists with workers’ compensation and OSHA compliance
- Ensures legal compliance with all federal and state regulations
applicable to the human resource areas.
- Maintains all Human Resources related records, including
separate file systems for personnel records, employment selection
process records, I-9 forms.
- Leads and manages all Human Resource functions in areas
including but not limited to: answering HR questions, benefit
enrollment, entering and processing new hires, changes and
termination information, background checks, performance reviews,
forms, policy updates and conducting stay and exit interviews.
Assists with planning and presentation of meetings including
- Responsible for communication to the union. Manage and respond
to union grievances. Participate in collective bargaining
- Supervise and train direct reports while serving as their back
- Oversees learning and development for all employees.
- Creates statistical reports (KPI’s) for weekly and monthly
review by leadership team.
- Maintains accurate employee information in HRIS
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge in areas of
responsibility by attending educational workshops, reviewing
professional publications, researching topics, establishing
personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field,
preferred with emphasis in human resources, business management, or
related field preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Three to five years human resources management
- Knowledge of UKG human resources system (HRIS)
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements including
contract negotiation experience preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Knowledge of policies, and practices, including but not limited
to; recruitment, selection, compensation, job description,
non-discrimination, safety-security, promotion, discipline,
performance management, and termination.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Madison , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Portage, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!