Human Resources Manager
Company: Land O'Lakes
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to
fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global,
Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we
work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top
Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progressionHuman Resources ManagerThe Human
Resources Manager effectively delivers both tactical and strategic
support and partnership at our dairy plant located in Spencer WI.
The individual partners with the Area HR Manager and team in
planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating HR activities.
Supports efforts related to positive employee relations, strong
partnership as part of the plant leadership team (PLT) and takes a
proactive role in shaping the plant environment to encourage
continuous improvement and driving world class results in cost,
quality, service, people, and environment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIES: Employee Relations Responsibilities:
- Strong Leadership and knowledge of Wisconsin Labor Law,
mandatory training and providing coaching guidance to Plant Leaders
- Leads initiatives to foster positive employee relations, an
engaged workforce, a positive culture, and effective communication
throughout the plant by working collaboratively with leaders and
- Leads Land O'Lakes Listens Survey Process and ensures robust
action plans are created and executed.
- Provides guidance on the application and interpretation of the
Collective Bargaining agreement, policies and practices and ensures
compliance with all applicable laws.
- Coaches leaders on how to solve employee relations issues.
- Partners with plant leadership to consistently and fairly apply
disciplinary actions and improvement plans.
- Responds to employee complaints by leading investigations,
researching issues, managing Connect Call responses, and serves as
a contact person with outside agencies.
- Builds a working partnership with the Centers of Excellence,
Director of Employee and Labor Relations and with Corporate Legal
Counsel.Talent Management Responsibilities:
- Partners with Talent Acquisition and supports recruiting
strategies to attract and retain top talent for both salaried and
- Manages selection process to include screening, interviewing,
assessing candidates, and recommending finalists.
- Ensures recruiting strategies and sources are focused on
achieving diversity goals and AAP actions.
- Implements corporate wide programs related to performance
management, talent and succession planning, and career
- Supports learning and development strategy to include analyzing
needs, delivering training, securing corporate training resources,
and analyzing results.
- Ensures compliance related to required training.Supervisory
- Provides work direction to two HR administrative positions and
provides leadership and guidance on day-to-day
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business
Administration, or related field and eight (8) years' experience
(minimum) in Human Resources with concentration in employee/labor
relations and manufacturing required.
- Strong leadership, communication skills (in both small and
large groups) and ability to influence, lead, and drive change in a
complex manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Wisconsin Labor Laws and current
- Ability to engage with employees of all levels in a
manufacturing facility including "management by walking
- Ability to effectively collaborate with local, regional, and
corporate HR teams to achieve plant objectives.
- Experience coaching all levels of leadership.
- Ability to travel minimum 10% of the time, some overnight may
be required.Knowledge, Skills and Ability Highly Preferred:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Human
Resources, Labor Relations, or a related field.
- Human Resources certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
- Familiarity with ADP/E-Time payroll and Workday (ERP)
- Project management experience applicable to Human Resources,
cross-functional initiatives and knowledge of Lean
- Working knowledge of financial
- Bold leadership style and intellectually curious personality to
build and sustain relationships at all levels in the organization
and has audacity and courage to respectfully challenge others to
make solid business and people decisions.
- Strong level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Strong verbal, written communication, presentation, and
facilitation skills. Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong detail orientation and ability to multi-task in a
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to support a 24/5
- Experience and career history with "Fortune 500" type companies
strongly desired.Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free
workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse
testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.Neither Land O'Lakes,
nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for
confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive
a call or email like this, please do not provide the information
being requested. Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com
accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us
regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance
completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution
Center at 844-LOL-HR4U ) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, Madison , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Marshfield, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!