Clerk III, Claims Sort Mailroom (Multiple part-time opportunities, on-site, starting pay $14.00/hr.)
Company: WPS Health Solutions
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Provide clerical services in opening, identifying, prepping, and
sorting all incoming mail/documents for all lines of business and
contracts in order to bring them under initial control within a
In this role you will:
- Perform various clerical tasks requiring some diversity and
application of several established procedures.
- Open, identify, sort, and route non-claim documents to the
- Open, identify, sort, and distribute all incoming mail based on
division and department.
- Identify, sort, and prep all claims according to document type,
scanning needs, and guidelines for multiple contracts.
- Identify and prep claims for OCR scanning according to
- Identify and prep specified internal and external departmental
non-claim documents in proper order according to established
- Identify and return claims/documents to providers/beneficiaries
or other contractors for resubmission as needed.
- Provide a variety of daily statistics for inventory reporting
- Perform basic, routine equipment maintenance, including but not
limited to, automated mail opening equipment.
- Meet department requirements for quality based on weekly audits
and quantity performance against reasonable expectancy (RE).
- Anticipate, participate, and make recommendations in changing
- Adhere to all safety guidelines.
- Sort and file daily and weekly production sheets as
- Batch and dispatch claims/documents according to specified
- Empty recycle bins into locked containers.
- Deliver buckets of sorted/prepped claims/documents utilizing
carts as needed.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Have entry-level experience, but are interested in future
opportunities to progress into more advanced roles
- Would like to set your own work hours
- Have attention-to-detail and concentration skill sets with the
ability to compartmentalize tasks
You'll benefit from this experience by:
- Being in a position that has high potential for future
- Working a flexible schedule that fits your needs
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation's military,
veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
You need to have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience using personal computer with basic keyboarding
- Ability to learn multiple divisions' opening, identifying,
prepping, and sorting guidelines
- Ability to learn basic office procedures and Mailroom filing
systems, forms, and routines
- Ability to operate office equipment, including copier,
automated mail opening machines, computer, etc.
- Ability to learn and access system-related applications and
- Ability to assume multi-faceted tasks with flexibility to
adjust to continuing change and fluctuating workloads
- Demonstrated ability to understand and accurately follow
written guidelines/procedural updates to comply with all relevant
ISO policies and procedures
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Pay $14/hr
- Competitive paid time off
- Dress for your day
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a
worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of
beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals,
families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large
businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program
administrator for the government's Medicare program. And we manage
benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel
and their families.
WPS has been named one of theWorld's Most Ethical Companies-- by
the Ethisphere-- Institute for 10 years in a row.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve.Click
Our values- Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual
Respect, and Driven& Passionate- are the core of who we are and how
we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for
individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors,
and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides
customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of
Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and
Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of
the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare& Medicare
Services, we've served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care
providers since 1966.
Arise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans
to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin.
With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers
health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance
products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts
Keywords: WPS Health Solutions, Madison , Clerk III, Claims Sort Mailroom (Multiple part-time opportunities, on-site, starting pay $14.00/hr.), Human Resources , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!