Sous Chef / Kitchen Manager
Company: Vintage Brewing Company
Posted on: November 11, 2019
We're a family owned and operated restaurant and brewery in
beautiful Madison, Wisconsin with a second brewpub on the shores of
the Wisconsin river in downtown Sauk City, Wisconsin. We feature
"elevated Americana" cuisine and an eclectic array of highly-
acclaimed house-made brews. We value creativity, a strong work
ethic, attention to detail, and a dedication to exceptional
quality. We invite guests to a cozy, casual, non-pretentious
atmosphere, yet strive to far exceed the expectations of a
"typical" brewpub. Our reputation is built on inventive,
from-scratch cooking and a passion for creating new classic and
experimental brews.Vintage Brewing Co. is a growing brewpub chain
seeking a Sous Chef to assist with the leadership duties.Our new
Sous Chef will help us develop a culinary team that's skilled,
hard-working, and well-trained in its operations, procedures and
routines. We are a supportive and active ownership team, willing
and able to provide the guidance and tools needed for our team's'
success. We are a family-based company that values hard work but
also quality of life. We're seeking high standards of quality and
productivity, but not candidates to burn out with inhuman hours or
unrealistic expectations.Our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of restaurant kitchen management experience.
- 1+ years banquet chef experience.
- Has lead a BOH staff of 30 + employees.
- Scratch kitchen experience, in which multiple stations were
worked and understood.
- A good knowledge of the fundamentals of food and ingredient
- Has excellent communication and strong people skills.
- Has business savvy with strong collaboration skills for working
with all management staff both FOH and BOH.
- Is a genuine team player, willing to work collaboratively with
managers and employees of all departments for the best interest and
collective success of the company.
- Has a strong management background.
- Able to work flexible hours which includes days, nights,
weekends, holidays, festivals, and VBC sponsored events.
- Enjoys teaching others, balancing employee performance and
- The Sous Chef must live by a guest orientated philosophy and
show honesty and integrity in all things.Primary job
- Staffing: Interview, hire and train BOH personnel. Conduct
- Scheduling: Manage labor and scheduling. Ensure proper staffing
for maximum productivity and high quality standards.
- Supervise all BOH employees.
- Managing costs: Manage food and labor costs. Work to optimize
profitability while ensuring quality.
- The ability to execute all daily operations to include but not
limited to; prep production, line production, shift execution,
ordering, recipe adherence, and recipe development.
- Sanitation: Maintain impeccable safety and sanitation
- Competent computer skills: Maintain diligent record-keeping and
report to management and owners in a timely manner.
- Positively represent and promote Vintage Brewing Company at
public appearances, tastings, festivals and competitions.
- Coordinate cross-training activities and menu training with
kitchen staff. Cultivate and promote a spirit of inter-departmental
teamwork. Enjoy the happy work environment you've helped
create!This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Moving safely and efficiently about the facilities.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Handling food, objects, products, and utensils.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling.
Keywords: Vintage Brewing Company, Madison , Sous Chef / Kitchen Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!