Bindery 3rd Shift Supervisor
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Bindery 3rd Shift Supervisor
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits---join
LOCATION: Madison, WI
Directly supervises shift personnel and operations in the Bindery
Department, actively supports and delivers employee safety and
operator training programs, coordinates shift activities to achieve
efficient book binding and timely shipment of product, resolves
issues that arise on shift, directs equipment maintenance and
process improvements, ensures product quality, provides technical
advice to shift personnel. -
- Supervises Bindery Shift Personnel, approximately 30 employees.
- Responsible for all on-shift bindery decisions but refers major
problems to the Bindery Manager.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations. -
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance
with company policy.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the
- Oversee all operations on shift in the Bindery Department.
- Administer employee training programs, regarding safety,
equipment operation and equipment maintenance.
- Discuss operations and provide direction to on shift personnel,
coordinates and assigns daily crew schedule following the direction
of the Bindery Manager and the Scheduling Department.
- Supervise departmental shift personnel and resolve personnel
issues (hire, review, transfer, promote, demote, counsel and/or
discipline people, supervise arrangement of crews, etc.)
- Coordinate workflow, directly working through shift personnel,
coordinating activities with other departments such as Prepress,
Press, Scheduling and Customer Service.
- Resolve any on shift binding or quality concerns.
- Advise Bindery Manager and Scheduling personnel of the best way
to bind jobs and how to solve or avoid binding problems.
- Implement, maintain, on shift quality control standards and
procedures to assure high quality product.
- Perform administrative duties as needed. Monitor
- Consult with technical representatives and suppliers and
research products and procedures to improve bindery, finishing and
- Operates equipment as necessary.
- Makes decisions within the department such as assigning
employee's work, approving their time off, evaluating their
performance, etc. -
- Decides if the jobs being produced meet out standards and
determines corrective action to assure proper quality. -
- Must be able to deal effectively with personnel and/or
- Safety: Complies with OSHA regulations and safety policies
related to the area of responsibility. - Participates in OSHA and
safety training. - Monitors for safety hazards, conducts
inspections of work areas and corrects problems without delay.
Plays an active role in training employees about OSHA standards and
safety policies. - Encourages employees to raise and report any
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma is a minimum if combined with 5 years
comprehensive bindery experience and 3 years related supervisory
experience. Must fully understand bindery processes and machine
- Needs basic math and record-keeping skills.
- Basic Computer skills - Windows/Office/Tech.
- Must be knowledgeable of and comply with all OSHA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. -
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Possession of a college degree in Printing Management with
emphasis on supervisory skills and relevant technical training is
- Intermittent periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times. -
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for
employment, please contact Kelly Miller at 608-716-8769 or .
Keywords: Sheridan, Madison , Bindery 3rd Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Dane, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...