Culinary Assistant (20 hours per week) #2807
Company: Reedsburg Area Medical Center
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: 14+Our Nutrition & Culinary Services
Department is looking for a Culinary Assistant to join their
team!Shift/Specific Hours: 3:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.Weekends: As
neededHours per week: 20 hours per weekBenefits: Yes!
- Position Summary:
- The Culinary Assistant performs a variety of tasks on a daily
basis, including the preparation, assembly, portioning, stocking,
and/or distribution of food and supplies to patients, residents and
other customers as well as the cleaning associated with sanitation
of all areas of the Nutrition and Culinary Services
- There is significant variation in duties depending upon the
area of primary assignment (and shift worked). It is expected that
the Dining Services Aide performs other duties as assigned and
maintains flexibility in scheduling and work area assignments
according to department and system needs.
- Job Relationships:
- Reports to Director of Nutrition and Culinary Services. Is
supervised by Assistant Director, Chef and Dietitian. Collaborates
with coworkers in the Nutrition and Culinary Services department
and in other departments.
- Primary Customer Served:
- Infant (31 days – 1 year)
- Pediatric (1 – 12 years)
- Adolescent (13 – 18 years)
- Adult (19 – 65 years)
- Geriatric (> 66 years)
- Community Agencies
- Social Work Team
- Education and Training Required:
- Safe food handling experience preferred. Serv Safe certificate
- Previous experience in quantity food preparation helpful.
- Previous experience in healthcare food service is helpful.
- Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good verbal/written communication skills and problem-solving
- Effective organizational skills.
- Physical Requirements:
- Physical Demands:
- Continuously stand and walk to perform various tasks.
- Frequently lift up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally lift 11 – 50 pounds.
- Occasionally push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently carry up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally carry up 11 – 15 pounds.
- Occasionally climb upstairs.
- Frequently taste/smell to assess the quality of food
- Occasionally kneel, squat/crouch/twist/reach overhead and in
front of the body to get supplies off upper shelves and to clean
equipment and/or retrieve products from lower shelves.
- Occasionally handle objects, feeling, using fine motor skills,
sustaining grip/pinch, controls/knobs/levers/switches to perform
tasks and for operation of computer, telephone and other
- Frequently able to use spatial perception and distinguish
colors and occasionally able to use peripheral far and near vision
and depth perception while preparing food, reading recipes, using
the computer, cash register, and other equipment while cleaning and
waiting on customers.
- Frequently communicate effectively with other staff and
customers using ordinary conversation, telephone skills, occasional
comprehensive speech, and simple writing skills.
- Occasionally requires simple math skills when changing recipes
and handling money.
- Environmental Conditions:
- Continuously work indoors.
- Frequently work in a patient environment delivering/serving
food to patients/residents, cleaning resident dining rooms, and
getting menus from patients in person or via telephone calls.
- Occasionally exposed to sudden temperature changes and extreme
temperatures of 90 degrees or higher and 32 degrees or lower.
- Occasionally exposed to glare on surface areas, dust, fumes,
- Potential Hazards:
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasional exposure to waste handling (general trash),
toxic/caustic chemical hazards, hazardous waste, potential physical
harm, and electric shock.
- OSHA Blood Borne/TB Classification Class II – Occupational
exposure to blood and Other Potentially Infectious Materials
(OPIMs) is not reasonably expected to occur in routine performance
- Psychological, Situational, Functional Factors:
- Continuously requires flexibility, rotation of shifts/split
shifts, and frequently changing tasks.
- Occasionally requires overtime.
- Continuously requires the use of good
- Frequently required to use influential (selling type) skills,
plan, direct, control, monitor activities (supervisory skills), use
good problem solving/analyzing/decision making/interpretive skills,
be creative, and be able to manage conflict and difficult
Keywords: Reedsburg Area Medical Center, Madison , Culinary Assistant (20 hours per week) #2807, Hospitality & Tourism , Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!