Company: UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital
Location: Lake Mills
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionUW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing,
50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east
side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our rehabilitation hospital opened in
September 2015 and offers specialized programs for people who have
experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations,
complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring
inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients
achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning
home as soon as able. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a
partnership between UW Health, Unity Point Meriter and Kindred
Healthcare.This position works under the direction of the
Nutritional Services Manager. The cook prepares, seasons and cooks
food for hospital patients, staff and visitors and also act as a
lead in the department. Responsible for maintaining a clean and
organized kitchen and adhering to food safety requirements.We have
both full-time and part-time position available. These positions,
generally work 6:00am to 2:00pm or11:00am - 7:30pm for a total of
24 or 40 hours per week. Employees will work rotating weekends and
- Ensures meals are ready at the specified times and tests foods
being cooked to ensure proper seasoning etc.
- Consults with the Registered Dietitian on modified diets, as
- Supervises Nutritional Services workers when washing, trimming
or preparing food.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes,
using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
- Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts meeting
established dietary guidelines.
- Cooks meat, fish and poultry in a variety of ways such as
baking, roasting, broiling and steaming.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner and
adheres to all infection control policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior food service or customer service experience with
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Keywords: UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Madison , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!