Cook Lead, LTC
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 14, 2021
- Assists in monitoring staff productivity and suggests
improvements for increased service and productivity. Prepares and
distributes work schedules and task assignments for assigned group.
Evaluates requests for time off and schedule changes and approves
or declines following policy. Works with department leadership to
ensure staffing levels are adequate to meet needs. Coordinates
changes to schedules due to sick calls, leave of absence or other
emergent changes in staff availability or work volume. Advises
supervisor of any potential policy violations related to attendance
- Identifies breakdowns in workflow or backlogs of work that
could lead to poor customer service. Alerts leadership when
immediate action is necessary, suggests alternatives to immediately
address the issue and re-prioritize tasks to clear backlogs and
respond to rushes.
- Assists the supervisor with onboarding of new staff, ensuring
mandatory education completion, developing and presenting training
and providing input to performance evaluations.
- Prepares foods by following recipes and/or production standards
for preparing, seasoning, cooking, baking, tasting, carving, and
serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foods. Follows
recipes and product directions to prepare items such as breads,
rolls, cakes, muffins, biscuits. Ensures all food is prepared in
accordance with current applicable federal, state and HACCP
guidelines and regulations to ensure the highest quality food.
- Performs quality assurance tasks such as routine temperature
checks for final cook temperature and holding. Responds to quality
assurance concerns and documents for future reference.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment through following
established procedures. Ensures all equipment is maintained and in
good working order.
- Maintains accurate records (e.g. production, waste, food
temperatures, and thermometer calibration, etc.) as outlined in the
corporate policies and procedures.
- Consults with the clinical dietitian on modified diets or
patient special requests as necessary.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATIONEXPERIENCE
- Three year's experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent use of smell and taste to distinguish differences or
similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or
recognizing particular flavors and/or odors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting,
squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Cook Lead, LTC, Hospitality & Tourism , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!