Supervisor, Laboratory Processing - Tuesday - Friday, 8:00pm - 6:30am shift - $5,000 sign on bonus!
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: March 28, 2020
The Supervisor, Laboratory Processing (known internally as the
Superviosr, Specimen Processing) is responsible for the day-to-day
operations of the Specimen Processing Department, including
staffing, scheduling, motivating team members, and performance
management. The Specimen Processing Supervisor will follow all
laboratory policies and procedures and maintain accurate data
reporting practices to ensure consistent and diligent execution of
specimen processing. In this leadership position the Supervisor,
Specimen Processing supports the mission and vision of Exact
Sciences Laboratories, and along with the Specimen Processing
Manager shares the responsibility of ensuring the Specimen
Processing department operates effectively. The functions of this
position are performed under the guided direction of the Specimen
Processing Manager or designee.The hours for this position are
Tuesday - Friday from 8:00pm - 6:30am. We are offering a $5,000
sign on bonus for this position!
- Performs all assigned job duties following laboratory policies
- Oversees the training and competency process for the
laboratory. Assists in the creation of department specific training
materials and identifies additional training needs/resources, and
provides training as needed.
- Responsible for the work quantity and quality of the Specimen
- Assigns and organizes work priorities by effectively directing
workflow and managing available resources.
- Manages and maintains department schedule to ensure appropriate
staffing levels at all times across all shifts.
- Works closely with the Specimen Processing Manager and the
Senior Director, Clinical Laboratory Operations to manage the
- Works with management to develop department goals which align
with organizational priorities and goals.
- Heads department projects and initiatives, including but not
limited to quality improvement, process improvement, safety audits,
document development, review and implementation, department
inspections and audits.
- Performs all essential responsibilities of the Specimen
Processing Lead position as needed.
- Prepares and conducts employee counseling as needed, in
accordance with Exact Sciences Laboratories policy.
- Acts as a primary mentor for the Specimen Processing Lead
position and as an example for all members of the Exact Sciences
Laboratories Specimen Processing Department.
- Attends regularly scheduled and as-needed meetings as Specimen
- Supervise staff including but not limited to organize and
prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop,
and manage work performance.
- Ability to empower fellow team members and delegate authority
- Manage change effectively as it happens.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and focus on quality
- Communicate goals so employees understand them and their role
in achieving them.
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork. Support and comply
with the company's Quality Management System policies and
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication and listening
- Position requires work in a normal laboratory environment.
Personal protective equipment is requirement when working in the
- Ability to lift and move 20- 40 pounds on an occasional basis
(up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis
(standing -50% of time; sitting -50% of time).
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform
typing for approximately 75% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability to travel approximately 5% of working time. Minimum
- 3+ years of work experience in a laboratory or similar
environment (i.e. maintaining sample integrity, following
procedures and protocols, sample collection/handling).
- 1+ years of experience leading or directing people.
- General knowledge of CAP, GLP, GDP, CLIA, New York Department
of Health (NYDOH) and HIPAA.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and leally authorized to work
in the United States without sponsorship.
- High school degree/general education diploma.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS in science, healthcare or related field.#LI-RB1We are an
equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
and any other status protected by applicable local, state or
federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative
action program are available to any applicant or employee for
inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Supervisor, Laboratory Processing - Tuesday - Friday, 8:00pm - 6:30am shift - $5,000 sign on bonus!, Hospitality & Tourism , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!