CNA - Medical/Respiratory Care Unit
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Role Purpose:?Under the general direction of the Unit
Director/Registered Nurse, functions as a member of the health care
team to maintain the clerical functions of the nursing unit.
- Responsible for transcribing physicians? orders, answering
telephones, checking and ordering supplies.?
- Perform designated tasks under the direct supervision of the
- Provide direct personal care.?
- Assist with taking and recording of vital signs.?
- Respect the confidentiality and dignity of patients.
Communicate effectively with customers.
- Performs other duties as requested.Minimum Qualifications:
- Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of WI.?
- High school diploma or equivalent.?
- General familiarity with medical terminology and computer data
entry?Physical Requirements:?Employees in this position are, or can
be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4?hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6?hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation.?About St. Mary's:?St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary
referral hospital offering inpatient and outpatient treatment and
diagnostic services in primary care and nearly all specialties.
Medical/surgical areas of special focus include the Family Birth
Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics,
emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family
practice residency program. Since 1912, St. Mary's has provided
service to much of south-central Wisconsin including Dane County
and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of Sun Prairie,
northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services
to more than 30,000 residents.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison, Madison , CNA - Medical/Respiratory Care Unit, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!