Certified Nursing Assistant - St. Marys Care Center
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Care Center
Posted on: November 10, 2019
The Certified Nursing Assistant at SSM Health St. Mary?s Care
Center has the primary responsibility to provide direct personal
care to residents according to established care plan and in
compliance with the state and federal regulations, under the
supervision of the team nurse. ?Responsibilities:
- Resident Personal Care: Provides quality care and services for
residents in a dignified and respectful manner that meets
individual resident care needs in accordance with the resident's
plan of care. Provides care that helps to maintain the highest
level of resident independence. Monitors and reports changes of
condition. Completes required records to document resident care.
Assists nurse with V.S., weights, and specimen collection. ???
- Preventative Skin Care: Provides care to prevent skin
breakdown: utilizing specialty mattresses, foam boots,
turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, cushions in
all wheelchairs. Promptly reports rashes, open areas, edema,
blisters, skin tears, or bleeding to nurse. ???
- Fall Prevention: Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that
restraint alternatives are in place and are activated as indicated
including: personal alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm
mats, bolstered beds, hip protectors. Remains alert to fall risks
for residents and reports concerns to nurse. ???
- End of Life Care: Ensures quality end of life care. Uses
comfort basket to meet resident pain/restlessness to nurse.
Demonstrates compliance with post-mortem care procedures.
Participates in departure ceremony. ???
- Safety: Complies with safety policies/procedures to ensure safe
practices for residents, staff, self and others. Maintains
compliance with: gait belt use for all manually assisted transfers,
locomotion/transfer/lifting devices, resident positioning, and
always uses mechanical lift to lift resident from floor. Uses good
body mechanics while on duty. Identifies wandering residents and
responds to door alarms. Reports safety incidents, concerns, or
hazards to supervisor or other responsible parties as indicated.
- Infection Control: Complies with infection control standards
during tour of duty including hand hygiene, appropriate use of
personal protective equipment, and isolation precautions.
Understands to use handwashing with soap and water when dealing
with gastrointestinal illnesses. Helps to maintain residents in
isolation when indicated. Participates in mandatory vaccination
programs. Does not work when contagious. ???
- Customer Service: Completes white boards within first hour of
duty on AM/PM shift. Answers call lights as soon as possible (goal
is within 5 - 10 min.) to meet resident needs in a timely manner.
Avoids 'toxic' phrases while on duty. Takes action to correct
customer service issue immediately. Understands how to use 'Fix It
Now' and uses when indicated. Supports facility's zero tolerance
for abuse. ?? ?
- Documentation: Completes all assigned documentation
requirements including guidelines for resident ADL care, BM
outputs, meal intakes, restorative care, behaviors, and other.
Keeps access codes for computer confidential at all times. Does not
share access codes with others and does not use other's access
- Privacy/Confidentiality: Maintains privacy and confidentiality
for residents at all times including resident information in any
format: paper, electronic, video, photographic, and conversation.
- Care of Unit: Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of resident
rooms. Provides bed making, ensures call lights within reach,
tumble mats, personal alarms and other safety devices are in place
as indicated. Completes assigned duties. ???
- Equipment Competency: Uses equipment according to standards of
care and policy/procedure. Reports repair needs.Minimum
- CNA certification required. Current on Wisconsin Nurse Aide
- Previous health care experience, especially in a geriatric
setting, is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Sufficient
education to demonstrate functional literacyDepartment
Specific:Must maintain 12 hours of related inservice/training for
Physical Requirements:?Employees in this position are, or can be,
required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Care Center, Madison , Certified Nursing Assistant - St. Marys Care Center, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!