Company: SSM Health Dean Medical Group
Posted on: June 15, 2019
The ASC RN - Charge Nurse provides highly skilled nursing care in
various stages of the patients' surgical/procedural experience
through continual assessment, planning and evaluation of changing
patient care needs. This position will work closely with clinical
staff, anesthesia personnel, surgeons and/or endoscopists to
facilitate safe, effective care for every patient coming to the DMG
Ambulatory Surgery Centers. The ASC RN - Charge will have strong
clinical skills in their area of responsibility and will staff in a
clinical area as needed for breaks, lunches or to cover for staff
Schedule Coordination (50%)
1. Facilitates daily schedule and coordinates staff resources
2. Coordinates and assures that staff receive breaks and
3. Coordinate admissions to the hospital
4. Daily provide report to staff
5. Coordinate schedule add-ons.
6. Coordinates changes to the schedule to keep surgeries on time
and communicates changes with appropriate staff and departments.
Liaison with surgeons/proceduralist and anesthesia providers.
Resource Management (25%)
7. Participates in the development of and attends in-services and
continuing education programs to maintain current skill level.
8. Responsible for maintaining clean, safe environment with
properly functioning equipment
9. Works closely with the ASC Clinical Manager regarding (1)
personnel concerns affecting the work environment, (2) complaints
from patients or physicians (3) staff development needs and (4)
10. Effectively and efficiently utilizes manpower, releasing staff
during time of low census.
11. Participates in cost reduction in supply resources
12. Contributes information for equipment in the budget planning
Clinical Support (25%)
13. Planning, organizing documenting and evaluating nursing care at
various stages of the surgical/endoscopic patient's experience in
the electronic medical record.
14. Coordinates changing nursing care needs with other team
15. Serves as a clinical resource to other staff and assists with
16. Utilizes all opportunities for continual patient assessment and
17. Assists in the organization and development of policies and
18. Remains current on all policies and procedures that reflect the
philosophies and objectives of the DMG Ambulatory Surgery
19. Must be able to maintain professional manner in a varying and
quickly changing work environment.
20. Attends and participates in staff meetings for problem solving
and departmental goal setting
21. Maintains a high degree of competency and expertise in the
delivery of care within the specialty area with the expectation
that they maintain competency all other areas of care in the
22. Maintains the ability to respond to emergency situations (Code
Blue, RN Triage, etc.)
23. The ASC RN - Charge serves as a representative of the
Ambulatory Surgery Center and a clinical role model in all
interactions with staff, physicians, sales representatives, clinic
24. Participates and collaborates with the ASC Clinical Manager to
assist with daily planning and coordination of specialty area to
provide optimum care with the surgical/procedure suite.
25. Participates in the development and orientation of staff.
Provides feedback by maintaining ongoing assessment and
documentation of staff performance to be utilized by the Clinical
Manager at the time of the performance review.
26. Expertise in the clinical documentation of information.
Providing feedback with changes suggested for the documentation of
clinical care provided.
Required: 1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and
current state license in the state of WI. 2. Must be CPR certified
or obtained within 6 months following employment. 3. Must have ACSL
certification or obtain certification within 6 months following
employment. 4. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a
perioperative nursing role. 5. Ability to identify, analyze and
implement problem solving techniques; 6. Show initiative for self
development and continual education; 7. Accept and give direction
to and from a number of other health care workers and display
initiative, flexibility and adaptability. 8. Excellent verbal and
written communication skills. 9. Strong computer skills Preferred:
1. 2 years experience in an ambulatory surgery center or post
surgical nursing role. 2. PALS certification or obtain
certification within 6 months following employment. Essential
Physical Functions: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1. Ability to
stand or walk for extended periods and move quickly between tasks.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person. 3.
Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with the
computer, writing or phone tasks. 4. Ability to twist/bend,
stoop/crouch. 5. Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes, charts,
washer, autoclave, mechanical lift, OR booms, OR tables or other
equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. 6. Ability to safely perform
patient handling tasks, such as pushing a wheelchair, ambulation
assistance or transfers. 7. Ability to wear the appropriate
personal protective equipment when working around bloodborne
pathogens, lasers or chemicals. 8. Ability to work first, second or
third shift type hours. About SSM Health Dean Clinic- Based in
Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60
clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians
provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well
as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic
also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery
centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Keywords: SSM Health Dean Medical Group, Madison , ASC RN-Charge, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!